Talk

Advanced search

Growing grey gadually

(11 Posts)
BornStroppy Tue 21-Feb-17 18:42:34

Im 43 and beginning to get a few greys sad Nowhere needing to dye it or even worry about it, but i was just thinking...

My hair has two colours, alot of naturally blond streaks, the rest is dark brown.

I was wondering, if I did a wash in wash out type of blonde, it would only affect the grey bits wouldnt it? And if i kept doing that as I get greyer....would it not be a subtle way to deal with it all? my hair wouod just gradually get blonder, woudnt it?

I've never dyed my hair (am vain) and a bit clueless.

CallarMorvern Tue 21-Feb-17 19:18:56

This was my plan, but I've never found the right product to achieve it.
Gave up last week and put Nice n' Easy Ash blonde on it, which isn't blonde at all and is already fading badly after 3 washes ( supposed to last 24 washes).
Sorry, not helpful, but would be interested in seeing any replies.

BornStroppy Fri 24-Feb-17 19:50:43

what do we need to look for? A semi perm or grey coverup?

thefudgeling Fri 24-Feb-17 19:58:29

I want to know how to do this, too. Don't want to lighten my hair, just dye the white bits blonde.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Fri 24-Feb-17 20:11:15

If you put a blonde semi-permanent it will lighten the dark brown hairs slightly.

BornStroppy Fri 24-Feb-17 20:43:48

wow, really? how? my dark brown bits are.....really dark!

thefudgeling Sat 25-Feb-17 15:49:02

Asked my hairdresser today, she said to use a toner rather than a semi permanent dye, then there is no lightening of the dark hairs.

MrsMeeseeks Sat 25-Feb-17 16:03:50

What's a 'wash in wash out type of blonde'?

MrsMeeseeks Sat 25-Feb-17 16:04:31

A toner does lighten. You mix it with peroxide.

BarchesterFlowers Sat 25-Feb-17 16:12:40

I used Daniel Field Watercolours once - I liked it but I am lazy and haven't done it again. I have got about 5% grey, mostly underneath.

They are either 6 wash, 20 wash or permanent depending on how long you leave them on and how wet your hair is. No PPDs or anything like that.

www.danielfieldmailorder.co.uk/natural-hair-colour/

BarchesterFlowers Sat 25-Feb-17 16:13:18

Forgot the punchline ..... they will not lighten your hair!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now