Talk

Advanced search

Really good black leggings

(17 Posts)
PoohBearsHole Tue 21-Feb-17 17:56:32

I want good quality, thick black leggings, not worried about price but don't want see through! Anyone seen anything? Got any ideas? Thanks

chanie44 Tue 21-Feb-17 18:27:18

Sainsbury £10 leggings.

Someone on here recommended them to me.

tigerdog Tue 21-Feb-17 18:29:52

Fatface leggings are good - they retain their shape and they have just made them a bit thicker.

Bought some from Next recently in an emergency and they are shit - saggy and bobbly after one wash!

Pupsiecola Tue 21-Feb-17 18:32:56

I just ordered some from Mint Velvet. Don't usually buy anything from there. But the reviews are good. £15 a pair. I'm hopeful.

wineusuallyhelps Tue 21-Feb-17 18:36:07

Topshop.

New Look aren't bad but I think they are quite long.

Pinotwoman82 Tue 21-Feb-17 18:39:23

I brought some from lipsy, they were pretty good

imjessie Tue 21-Feb-17 18:52:36

Mint velvet

bingohandjob Tue 21-Feb-17 18:56:28

Boden. Great quality, not see through, wash brilliantly, don't sag at knees or arse. I've had two pairs in each colour and worn/washed them tons over last 3+ years, still like new. Tried Sainsburys, Tesco, Next - not a patch on Boden.

PoohBearsHole Tue 21-Feb-17 20:49:34

Ooh thanks guys will have a look at all your suggestions. Have some TU ones which have been pretty good but do slip down my waist a bit 😂 Will have a look at suggestions

Happy50 Tue 21-Feb-17 21:33:44

Boden are the best ones
Also People Tree are excellent

SleepFreeZone Tue 21-Feb-17 21:35:33

I actually really like Peacocks leggings.

LipstickForADogwalk Thu 23-Feb-17 15:57:54

I wore my Monsoon leggings for years, was so disappointed when they split. I also searched high and low for decent, thick black leggings and have just found THE best pair in Home Bargains! I kid you not. Think they're called Love your Assets, £5.99!

picklemepopcorn Thu 23-Feb-17 16:08:52

Peacocks but they aren't all the same. The slightly more synthetic ones are great, narrower waistband, lots of give, slight sheen and wear really well. The cotton rich ones are not as good.

thedevilinablackdress Thu 23-Feb-17 20:18:10

Mint Velvet for me too. High waist, thick material, dont bag.

plumdriver Sun 26-Feb-17 13:32:23

H&M heavy leggings. They're about £8.99 I think and made of a really thin sweatshirt material. I also have the Sainsburys £10 ones but the H&M are much better, they're not see through even at the bum

Gatekeeper Sun 26-Feb-17 13:35:36

Sainsbury's- the £10 ones. Thick and totally opaque

Danglingmod Sun 26-Feb-17 14:35:54

I'm pleased to see a few more options than just Sainsbury's come up on this thread.

Their £10 leggings (and the M and S ones) are good quality in the legs part, not see through etc, BUT they have a massive thick waist band which shows through the dress or skirt you're wearing. They're more like a replacement for trousers than tights. I'm eternally searching for decent quality, proper stretchy and stay tight leggings, but with a normal, flat waist band, or none at all, not one like on exercise leggings. Primark ones used to be great years ago but they changed a long time ago.

I've worn wool tights through the winter and footless opaques in the spring/summer/autumn for years now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now