Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear if you don't suit jumpers?

(16 Posts)
dailystuck71 Tue 21-Feb-17 16:42:41

Or if you've found a fitted jumper I'd love to know!

I just find jumpers that fit my boobs are then too big under the arm and make me look massive.

JayzuzMaryJoseph Tue 21-Feb-17 17:22:23

I can't wear short/fitted jumpers or anything in proper, thick, jumper material at all. Make my boobs look like a shelf and turn my hourglass figure in to an inverted triangle.

I like longish (hip skimming or better still, bum covering) thin (must be lightweight) knits or jersey tops with slim or skinny trousers/jeans.

AFierceBadRabbit Tue 21-Feb-17 17:32:13

Layers? say a tighter fit jersey underthing like a long sleeve tee with something else over it - a shirt, blouse, top, etc.

When it's cold and I don't want to wear thick jumpers I basically wear a much warmer, padded coatsmile

AFierceBadRabbit Tue 21-Feb-17 17:37:12

A lot of current polo neck jumpers are thickish but ore fitted, like some of the stuff at topshop right now and H&M.

I got this, it's a fitted but very soft and comfy jumper/top from H&M recently and surprised at the fit and quality (I must get another before they vanish!) -

AFierceBadRabbit Tue 21-Feb-17 17:37:29

more fitted

AFierceBadRabbit Tue 21-Feb-17 17:38:04

sorry didnt link to h&m jumper
www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0461749007.html#White

Imfinehowareyou Tue 21-Feb-17 17:48:45

That model's legs (above pic) are two completely different sizes!

Pupsiecola Tue 21-Feb-17 17:55:27

I can't bear jumpers/knitwear and probably haven't worn them for 10+ years; they just make me too hot and I don't find them comfortable. I wear layers too. I just bought some lovely tops from Kettlewell. Long vests and round necked tops in some different, complementary shades.

Pupsiecola Tue 21-Feb-17 17:56:26

I don't think they are im. I think she's just turned out the left one at the hip so it looks wider.

dailystuck71 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:47:47

I am rubbish at layering. I look on Pinterest and think pictures look great but I just can't seem to get it right.

Pupsiecola Tue 21-Feb-17 22:20:36

daily I usually try to make sure the vest is longer and comes up higher. Today I wore a bright red vest and a charcoal long sleeved scoop necked top. I'm an hourglass so always wear a v-neck or scoop neck. Also I guess I subconsciously make sure that my tops don't finish at the widest part of my hips (see above re hourglass!). What body shape are you?

dailystuck71 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:12:22

A bit straight up and down with boobs and a belly. Size 12 usually but some places are a 14.

I was looking on Pinterest last night but everyone seems so skinny!

LynneJones Wed 22-Feb-17 08:51:18

How about wearing a t shirt or blouse and a cardy? Or is that too miss marple smile

Laiste Wed 22-Feb-17 09:27:03

www.amazon.co.uk/Clothing-PattyBoutik/s?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=PattyBoutik&page=1&rh=n%3A83450031&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Patty Boutik jumpers fit me really well. Big boobs, smallish waist and tum.

dailystuck71 Wed 22-Feb-17 16:22:52

I'll have a look

I do cardis at work so like something different. I wear a long sleeve t shirt with a short sleeve on top but it all just a bit the same. Want to try something a bit different plus I need warm clothes. I live in rural Scotland. Can be a tad cold.

oobedobe Wed 22-Feb-17 19:34:33

I live in a place with very cold winters and rarely wear jumpers/sweaters. I usually layer a long vest top under a long sleeve t-shirt (thickish cotton).

Then if I am cold at home I throw on a cozy fur-lined hoodie or cocoon cardigan (I have a nice one in sweatshirt material (though our house is pretty warm).

For outside I have two winter jackets one for -5 and below and one for above freezing which is lighter.

It IS all pretty boring yes, but I find that is just winter for you, people mostly see my jacket, boots and hat - so I vary those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now