Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever negotiated Invisalign price down?

(12 Posts)
williwonti Tue 21-Feb-17 13:17:36

After years of thinking about it, I think I am about to go for this treatment. I've had a consultation and they're hoping I'd be able to have Invisalign Lite but it is £2100 for top or £2900 for both (which they've advised because even though bottom aren't too bad, they'll look worse once top are corrected).

But I am wondering if there's room to negotiate a bit. Should also say, my husn=band "might" get his done too, and do you think that might affect price they'll do it for?

CheersMedea Tue 21-Feb-17 16:30:38

Well you could try but I think it's unlikely. It's costed so as to make a profit taking into account the professional's time.

Why would they give you a discount?

Think about it - it applies to any business model. If your profit is £100, and some says will you do it for £50 and my husband will buy one too, sure you've had an extra sale but you've halved your profit.

The only reason for a properly costed business to give a discount is if there is something in it for them (PR/publicity eg. for doing a celebrity or pro bono assisting a deserving heart rending case) or if they are desperate for work and would rather cut costs to get the job.

For professional services, that is a dangerous line to go down tbh. You don't want your professional thinking "I'm only being paid half what this is worth, so I need to do it in half the time" for example.

It's also pretty offensive for professional services; it's not like you are just buying a sausage. You are paying for the expert supervision of the invisalign process by a qualified professsional.

OverTheHill50 Tue 21-Feb-17 16:35:40

After DS1 had braces, DH had invisalign. Beginning of this year I asked about braces for me and the orthodontist offered me a 10% discount for 'family loyalty' But then she has had about £8k from us in the last 18 months....

KatyS36 Tue 21-Feb-17 17:44:41

I think it depends on how you ask. For example asking 'do you ever do any promotional offers on this treatment' is not offensive, and allows both yes and no to be acceptable offers. My dentist does discounted whitening if you are on a monthly payment scheme.
Katy

Bensyster Tue 21-Feb-17 23:11:36

Our orthodontist offers a discount for under 18's but they must take appointments in school hours....it might be worth asking of there is a discount for only booking appointments in slack times.

parklives Wed 22-Feb-17 08:50:05

I paid £1,000 for the bottom set of teeth 5 years ago, I did ask at several dentists and this was amongst the cheapest, but some dentists were quoting £2,500 for the same thing so it is worth shopping around.
Also a lot of dentists do do special offers/discounts so there's no harm in asking.

Mrstumbletap Wed 22-Feb-17 20:20:37

My dentist was doing it for £1800 top and bottom, I shopped around a lot though.

I am currently on week 6 of the process!

williwonti Wed 22-Feb-17 20:55:23

And how is it going?

Chicinwellies Wed 22-Feb-17 23:24:43

Ha love the sausage analogy but have to disagree, it's hardly rude or offensive to ask. Also considering having it done on top teeth. I've had four quotes for the same thing, with a range of 1900-2300.

Mrstumbletap Thu 23-Feb-17 21:26:28

Yeah it's going well. Not that I can't wait for it to be over, its probably just because I am impatient. But I have got used to it now, it doesn't hurt.

ILovePandas Fri 10-Mar-17 20:52:13

I got a 10% discount for paying up front, it's definitely worth asking. On tray 1 and all going well!

organixeveryday Fri 10-Mar-17 21:10:36

Is this for straightening teeth?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now