Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a DIY high lift tint highlighting kit (not bleach)

(7 Posts)
Gotbills2pay Tue 21-Feb-17 06:41:49

I have mid brown hair and growing out bleached highlights. I've had some more golden ones put in by my hairdresser. Now I'm thinking if adding a few myself (well my mum will do them as she's a part qualified hairdresser and does her own) but I don't want to bleach my hair - and wondering which of the kits in Boots are high lift rather than bleach?

plotisgone Tue 21-Feb-17 06:48:23

I use olia. It's an all over dye but you could just buy things separately and use for highlighting instead.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 21-Feb-17 11:02:31

Any dye that lifts your hair colour will contain bleach. The box dyes will have a lower strength hydrogen peroxide so will be kinder to your hair.
If you're going from brown to blonde you will need a good high lift dye that can lift the colour by several shades, other wise you will end up with ginger streaks. The Garnier hi lift blonde range is good. I would recommend asking your mum to do a strand test first.

Gotbills2pay Tue 21-Feb-17 11:13:17

Okay thanks Ilost I saw this - and wondered whether this would be any good? www.boots.com/loreal/loreal-colorista-/loreal-colorista-1-2-week-washout/lor%C3%A9al-paris-colorista-effect-balayage-10226363p

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 21-Feb-17 11:29:11

I'm a bit bamboozled by that product. It claims to be wash out colour but I think that is referring to colouring pre existing highlights. confused It says on the back of the pack that colourista wash out is sold separately.

The actual kit you have chosen looks suitable for subtle permanent highlights. Those kits can be fiddly so definitely get your mum to help!

Gotbills2pay Tue 21-Feb-17 11:31:03

Thanks Lost I just wanted the ombre kit - not the zany colours!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 21-Feb-17 11:36:57

Ok sorry, my brain's not working this morning! Yes that looks like the sort of product you're after then.

I would still recommend doing a trial strand to be on the safe side. Just pour out a tiny amount from each bottle (equal parts) and mix on a saucer or something to test out on a small section of hair first to check you like it.

Hope it goes well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now