Talk

Advanced search

Jacket/blazer - broad shoulders/triangle

(6 Posts)
BrassicaBabe Mon 20-Feb-17 21:52:33

Hi

I really want a nice jacket or blazer. I'm thinking single breasted and single button.

I'm no skinny minny, but an average size 12 (would be apple if the weight snuck on) small hips, decent legs but broad shoulders and largish (36 DD) boobs. Which I think makes me a triangle.

I want a smart casual jacket or blazer. I DO NOT want an waterfall cardigan which is what shoulders/boobs seem to dictate grin. Once in a while I find a jacket I love online but make me look like a weight lifter in real life.

Hope you can help!!

MrsApplepants Wed 22-Feb-17 00:49:42

I have a similar shape to you and also cannot wear typical jackets, seems to be the shoulder pads which emphasise the broadness of my shoulders and look too masculine. I have found the answer in jersey blazers, softer shape, no shoulder pads, skim the figure and look smart. I have black, navy and grey and wear them all the time! They are quite hard to find though, I got two of mine from uniqlo, seem to be a summer thing rather than a winter one, so maybe we'll see a few more in the shops from now on. Hope this helps

Floisme Wed 22-Feb-17 07:22:04

Would this work for you? It's a soft fabric but a very fitted, structured shape. (I've tried it on.) Pricey but they usually do a discount with Grazia around this time of year:
www.whistles.com/women/clothing/coats-jackets/slim-jersey-jacket-24730.html?dwvar_slim-jersey-jacket-24730_color=Navy#start=1

H&M often have something similar but the cut isn't as sharp.

Kr1stina Wed 22-Feb-17 09:15:43

I agree about the jersey blazers . And defo singer breasted.

I know you didn't ask this, but are you sure you are in the right size of bra? Are you really 36 inches under your bust and a size 12?

I'm a 12 and measure

Because an actual 36DD person wouldn't look busty at all, thats quite neat.

Kr1stina Wed 22-Feb-17 09:17:19

Oop random loss of end of sentence

I'm a 12 and measure 31 under bust.

BrassicaBabe Thu 23-Feb-17 12:36:48

Thanks. Will check out the jersey thingy.

My bras fit well, but off to measure incasr I'm a loon 😄

You're right, I guess these days (post weight loss) I'm not that busty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now