Talk

Advanced search

Dry face

(9 Posts)
Geillis Mon 20-Feb-17 18:34:34

Hoping for recommendations that won't break the bank.

I have fair & dry skin, more so since reaching late forties. I've been using a night cream as my day cream but it's oily and leaves my face shiny without really hydrating it.

I use Vaseline or thick Nivea cream at night to try and boost hydration ready for morning.

Any suggestions on a great rich day cream that soaks in and lasts all day?

Geillis Mon 20-Feb-17 20:47:57

Ah well. Never mind.
Goes off to slap Vaseline on. Again.

needalittleL Mon 20-Feb-17 20:55:21

I have very sensitive skin (prone to eczema and allergic reactions) and I either use Body Shop Vitamin E cream with the vitamin e overnight serum in oil, or cheapy Nivea q10 day cream. I too need a slightly greasy cream.

OooohHorlicks Mon 20-Feb-17 21:25:25

I used to use Neals Yard Frankincense Hydrating Cream and mostly loved it (the only time it didn't work was in the depths of winter). Then I had to rein in my budget and I tried Aldi Caviar Day Cream (which has an SPF) and night cream. Also sometimes the serums AND the 3 minute mask. Love it. Haven't reacted (although it stings if it gets into your eyes) and it's super thick and rich without sitting on top of my skin for ages. I highly recommend - and a fraction of the price of Neals Yard. I think it would be too heavy for some but I love it.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 20-Feb-17 21:29:33

A rich cream won't necessarily hydrate your skin.

I would stick with the day cream in the morning but layer a hydrating serum underneath.

Thecontentedcat Mon 20-Feb-17 21:37:57

Try pure organic argan oil at night instead of the Vaseline or Nivea. Then use a normal day cream

carrottopper Mon 20-Feb-17 22:13:40

Body shop oil of life has changed my life! Would def recommend

Deathraystare Wed 22-Feb-17 09:35:14

In the winter I normally use an oil as well as serum under a moisturiser.

It is pricey but Elemis Superfood oil is great (though I use others too). If that is too pricey, the vitamin E oil mentioned above would be good.

MrsDustyBusty Wed 22-Feb-17 09:39:39

Lá Roche Posay baume b5 is excellent. I originally got it for baby's eczema but started using it on my own skin, too. It made a huge difference and isn't expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now