Talk

Advanced search

Electrolysis.

(5 Posts)
Longdistance Mon 20-Feb-17 17:48:46

I am looking into having electrolysis done on my top lip.

I'm 41 now, and have inherited the delightful Eastern European mooie from my mother hmm

Anyone had this done? Was it successful? And would it require continual treatments, or does it permanently remove the hair there?

I usually dye it, so blond, but normally dark when the dye fades. I've had waxing done, and I've had threading done (which was a killer), and my face is red for ages, and i need to hide blush

chanie44 Mon 20-Feb-17 18:33:03

I've had electrolysis over the years. I had some session when I was in my early 20s. Then I had some more I my 30s but it left marks on my upper lip so the therapist advised me to stop.

I've been having laser which is working really well. You can get deals on groupon which make it really cheap eg 6 sessions for £60.

Ohyesiam Mon 20-Feb-17 20:58:36

I had electrolysis for years and years, then I got bored and zapped it with laser. I probably spent 10 times more on electrolysis then laser, which did it in a course of about 6.

notangelinajolie Mon 20-Feb-17 21:18:48

Yes, I did. On the area above my top lip. It was a long time ago (I think around 1993) and I was, and still am very pleased with the result. I have very dark hair so to be suddenly hairless was like a miracle! I only needed a few treatments and have been hairfree ever since. 24 years later and there are 2 hairs that are trying to make a comeback appearance but I'm onto them and I'm going book myself in somewhere and get them zapped!

Longdistance Mon 20-Feb-17 21:58:01

Thanks for the replies.

Will look at laser too. Just really could do with getting rid of it permanently on my top lip, as I hate that downy feeling, and waxing and threading leave the area red all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now