Talk

Advanced search

Is it primer that will make me dewy?

(10 Posts)
GayParee Mon 20-Feb-17 16:57:02

I'd just got myself settled on the Ditch the Foundation thread when DD got readmitted to hospital and thus my skin is due and in need of cosmetic help until I can start off again properly once we're home.

Main gripe is that it looks incredibly dull and flat, and I'm using Vitalumiere Aqua. I don't normally use a primer, would one of them give me dewy and glowy from within, or can I not do anything even with trickery until I can sort my skin out?

Thank you smile

burnishedsilver Mon 20-Feb-17 17:04:33

I think it's a glycolic acid toner you need if your skin is dull and flat. I initially tried nip and fab glycolic fix pads and was impressed but I'm now using liqiid gold (M&S stock it) - it's amazing stuff.

hollinhurst84 Mon 20-Feb-17 17:07:10

Trickery I can do wink
Get something like lush feeling younger or revlon skinlights, anything that says liquid illuminate or highlighter
Mix a tiny bit with your moisturiser and apply all over, dab a bit extra under eyes on dark circles then apply foundation over the top
Blusher goes a long way too if you feel a bit meh, apply fairly high up

emsyj37 Mon 20-Feb-17 17:10:48

Nars light optimising primer is fabulous and you can use that on its own for a glow. Also Nars highlighters are lovely but go easy with them to avoid looking shiny sparkly rather than dewy glowy.

Aquasport Mon 20-Feb-17 17:22:38

Becca backlit illuminating primer is miracle stuff

WaxyBean Mon 20-Feb-17 17:37:22

Burberry fresh glow base, guerlain meteorites base or Hylamide photography foundation are all primers that give a dewy glow - I've used them all without foundation when having a good skin day and they give a lovely radiance to them skin.

GayParee Mon 20-Feb-17 17:48:30

Ooh thank you, there is hope for me yet. Sadly my acid toners are at home, think that's half the problem.

I think there's only a Boots nearby so I'll see what can get there tomorrow.

Thank you

burnishedsilver Mon 20-Feb-17 18:53:35

You can get nip and fab gylcolic fix pads in boots.
Hope your ds is feeling better soon 💐

DianaT1969 Mon 20-Feb-17 19:12:30

Another vote for nip+fab glycolic pads - twice per week should be enough. The skin plumping miracle though is Nip+Fab plumping serum
http://www.superdrug.com/Save-up-to-1-2-price-across-Skincare/NipFab-Dragons-Blood-Fix-Plumping-Serum-50ml/p/321905
On offer in Superdrug. This makes the biggest difference to my skin of any product.
If not already, you need to wear a good coverage of spf once you start using these products.
Mac strobe light highlighter on cheekbones and brows also helps with the dewy effect.
Best wishes for your DC treatment.

AlfaMummy Mon 20-Feb-17 21:16:00

As per PP, Becca Backlight is what you need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now