Talk

Advanced search

Online shopping epic fails or a scam?: BrandAlley

(6 Posts)
HelenaRowe Mon 20-Feb-17 11:01:52

Has anyone had a similar experience?
You order online. They take your cash and then over three months later the item is still 'pending' when you check the account.

This has happened to me twice now (in fact my last two orders with BrandAlley).

You see nothing other than the elusive 'pending delivery' and not once does Brand Alley get in touch.

It is impossible to reach anyone on the phone either.

It is only when you write to complain that they send you a letter saying these things very rarely happen and here.. have a £10 voucher on BrandAlley that expires in 90 days.

So this has happened twice to me in 6 months (so not rarely).

My view is that they use the customers for cash flow and must be a scam. When you order you have an estimated delivery date (which is never updated). Typically this is at least a month after order. How many people remember to go online immediately after this delivery date to chase? I'm thinking not many..
Presumably they are reassured when they see pending they just think there is a minor delay.

As a means to have a healthy cash flow this is pure genius.

Would be interested in other experiences with this or other similar discount sites

HelenaRowe Mon 20-Feb-17 11:04:47

Am I the only one who has experienced a shocking service from Brand Alley?
Who are the other major offenders out there?

DJKKSlider Mon 20-Feb-17 11:06:56

So after the first time you still reordered?

My tip, if a website is shit the first time, don't go back. grin

Dulcimena Mon 20-Feb-17 11:17:11

I've used them a couple of times - no problems. I've only ordered things that are in stock though.

myoriginal3 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:20:16

I have used them and it's in their terms that delivery will be x amount of working days blah blah. I've never had them take 3 months though. That said, it's been a few years since I've used them.

bear28 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:20:35

This is standard from Brand Alley. Unless the products are labelled "shipped in 2-4 working days" you have to wait months for the products. Their website does state that orders are despatched within 7-20 working days but that doesn't take into consideration where it is coming from and how long shipping takes. Hope that's helped. I've learned to never order anything I need urgently. Then I'm never disappointed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now