Talk

Advanced search

LM oil free tinted moisturiser -WHY did I wait so long?

(10 Posts)
Jmangel Mon 20-Feb-17 10:25:46

So it's always recommended and I have nearly bought it so many times but thought, no, my skin isn't good enough for a tinted moisturiser - need a full coverage foundation.
But I got the fright of my life last week as put a mirror up in the conservatory so got a no holds barred close up of myself with full coverage foundation - MAC studio fix powder plus - and I looked dreadful - oily but caked at the same time and I could see EVERY line, pore and wrinkle.
RAN to JL and bought the LM oil free tinted moisturiser in Bisque (for ref I am MAC NC30) and I am transformed. Look natural but redness, old acne scars covered and the texture of my skin looks sooo much better, Best of all, no powder but somehow look dewy instead of oily. Absolutely gobsmacked at how good it Is.

mintmagnummm Mon 20-Feb-17 13:46:38

I'm very tempted by this! How much was it and how many mls is it? Also I'm sure I've heard the original is better than the oil free one for combination skin?? Help lol

Jmangel Mon 20-Feb-17 13:52:17

It was £34 for 50mls and I'm getting away with probably half a pea sized amount each morning so think it will last a good while.
I don't know about the original formula but my skin is really oily so would only be interested in the oil free version. It's very hydrating and smoothing and just natural looking.

mintmagnummm Mon 20-Feb-17 14:17:25

Oh that's not too bad for 50ml, lots of foundations etc are 30-40mls. Thank you I will definitely check this out.

hunans Mon 20-Feb-17 14:28:10

This changed my life when I found it. I'm wearing it now (but not the oil free one; that was too drying for me). I've worn it for about three years and never looked back.

The coverage is perfect, it gives the most amazing glow and it's very good value for money. If you apply it with something like the Real Techniques sponge thing, the tube lasts FOREVER.

I get compliments on my skin a lot because of it. I'm always recommending it to people.

taybert Mon 20-Feb-17 20:21:41

I'm surprised at this. I find it quite shiny and difficult to apply. Good colour on me though. Horses for courses I guess!

WicksEnd Mon 20-Feb-17 21:04:40

LM? Laura mercier?

OrangeSunset Wed 22-Feb-17 19:15:28

There's an illuminating and a normal I think - the illuminating is def too shiny for me.

dahlinggggs Wed 22-Feb-17 19:42:41

The illumination one is VERY 'glowy'. It's designed or be worn under something. I wear it under the mineral powder when I need a bit more coverage than just the tinted moisturiser.

dahlinggggs Wed 22-Feb-17 19:43:16

Illuminating, not illumination 🙄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now