Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wanting to go from red to sort of dark brown/caramel highlights..

(3 Posts)
DavetheCat2001 Mon 20-Feb-17 08:46:44

Does anyone know if this is going to be an impossible feat?

Has anyone gone from a home-dye, box red (I use Ferria Scarlet Power) to something a bit like this?

I've been various shades of red (and a few crazy colours) for the last 30 odd years, but now want a change, but remember a hairdresser telling e that red is really hard to get rid of.

Any advise/tips welcome. I am currently asking about on my local FB group for colourist recommendations.

Jmangel Mon 20-Feb-17 09:19:34

I just did this - went from level 9 titian. You just have to be careful not to use too much green ash tones to counteract red as hair can have a greenish cast but a good colourist will know this.
I had 66/0 pulled trough roots and probably 60% of hair with then a high lift tint toned to an 8 - very ash - to highlight front areas and strategically placed highlights around head. I kept some of the level 9 at the bottom underneath ends to give an overall caramel bronde brunette look - really pleased with it.

DavetheCat2001 Mon 20-Feb-17 09:59:42

sounds really good Jmangel..any chance of a non-identifying pic?

Ok so good to know anyway that it's not impossible, I have several recommendations of colourists to try so will make an appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now