Talk

Advanced search

Style blogs

(7 Posts)
stuckinthehouse Sun 19-Feb-17 20:40:53

Hi everyone,
I remembered the other day that I used to follow some style/fashion blogs a few years ago when dd was tiny but then forgot all about them when my middle-of-the-night feeding sessions came to an end.
I would be interested to have another look but can't remember what any of them were.
Which current blogs would you recommend? I am 34, mostly SAHM (work 1 day a week in a school), living on a very tight budget.

BriocheBriocheBrioche Sun 19-Feb-17 21:13:44

I follow a few different bloggers with different style but my favourites are:
The Frugality
A mothers edit
Erica Davies
Dress Like a Mum.
All different, some more spendy than others but I buy a lot of the H&M stuff the Frugality posts!

WipsGlitter Sun 19-Feb-17 21:35:34

I like the frugality too. She's very nice and friendly. Love watching her house renovation too!

EggsEleven Sun 19-Feb-17 22:02:48

Another Frugality Fan here.

I also like

thefashionlift.co.uk
the-edited
Chloe loves to shop
Susie So So

SomewhereNow Mon 20-Feb-17 07:23:00

Another Frugality fan (although some of what she buys is not what I'd call frugal but she does acknowledge that). She's got great taste though - her house is gorgeous and her photos are always great (think her DH is a photographer which must help!)

Susie So So is good as mentioned and she seems lovely if a bit over-fond of hashtags!

Midlife Chic is also good. Her style is very different to mine, she's very straight and classic - much more of a grown-up than I'll ever be! But she writes really intelligently and her photos are very professional.

My Fashionable 40s - by contrast her photos are not great and there's something about her writing that grates a bit but she does have a good eye for a bargain and a similar style to me.

Lots of people on here love Does My Bum Look 40 but I find her irritating and she's gone very designer lately (while recommending M&S to her readers confused). Some of the stuff she picks is hideous as well and she's in the pocket of a lot of brands (as many of them are) so not exactly objective.

stuckinthehouse Mon 20-Feb-17 07:53:25

Thanks everyone! I'll have a look smile

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 20-Feb-17 09:59:10

I really like Wears My Money - I think she has quite similar style to me. I like the way Midlife Chic writes, but not usually the clothes/style, and have bought things featured on Does My Bum Look 40 quite often - however I agree that there's a huge gap between the brands she's obviously paid to write about and what she actually wears.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now