Talk

Advanced search

I should LOVE these boots, but...

(11 Posts)
WeAreNotInKansasAnymore Sun 19-Feb-17 19:13:26

Why don't I? They are made of the most beautifully soft leather. The style is classic and stylish. They feel comfy. But but but.... over the knee?

Not sure if they make me look middle aged (40s). My teen DD tried them on and she looks like a hooker.

Keep, or return? Or can someone recommend a different style for narrow calves? I really wanted knee-high, but every single leather boot I have tried has gaped on me. Wah!

Shame, as they were a bargain. Here they are:

Pretty Woman or Panto Dame?

TheCakes Sun 19-Feb-17 19:17:07

I think over the knee needs to be flat or at least more casual than those. They seem to be two style rolled into one, I think.

The heel and shoe part are like a formal boot (maybe a tad middle aged?) that you would wear for work, but the length is young and funky.

I think I'd return.

WeAreNotInKansasAnymore Sun 19-Feb-17 19:23:35

Yes, I think that's it, TheCakes.
Two styles in one. All wrong! Ahhhhh shame. Wish I could find boots that fitted me properly. Wahhh!

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 19-Feb-17 19:50:18

I would go for return too. Shame tho', when you really want to like something smile

NoelHeadbands Sun 19-Feb-17 19:54:58

Nope.

Aderyn2016 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:34:52

If you have doubts then return. You won't wear them if you are not 100% sure and that is a waste of money, no matter how bargainous they are.

WeAreNotInKansasAnymore Sun 19-Feb-17 20:36:34

OK, the general consensus is a thumbs down and Aderyn, you're right, I prob wouldn't wear them very often.

Does anyone know of any stylish, leather, knee-length boots for narrow calves? They all gape in an odd sort of way. I can wear that fake suede stuff in the M&S boots but am fed up with synthetics.

twinklefoot Sun 19-Feb-17 20:36:43

Nope return them they are all wrong.

PNGirl Sun 19-Feb-17 21:17:40

Try www.tedandmuffy.com - everything in their sale is under 100 quid according to the email I got today and they do calf sizes down to 30cm circumference.

NoBiggie Sun 19-Feb-17 21:20:04

I don't like the (lack of) shape they are the same width at the ankle as at the top so I think it would make it appear as though the wearer had cankles. They're a "mum" version of an over the knee boot.

WeAreNotInKansasAnymore Sun 19-Feb-17 21:39:09

Ooh thank you for the recommendation, PNGirl some gorgeous pairs on there. Looks like I am a 33 in one and 34 in the other calf. Awkward buggers.

NoBiggie You're right, they are very mumsy. Yes, cankles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now