Talk

Advanced search

Feel really horrible- zero skincare routine

(6 Posts)
Zoflorabore Sun 19-Feb-17 10:47:07

Hi smile

My skincare routine is non existent.
I am full of good intentions and buy loads of products but never use them at all.
My life is busy, as is everyone's but I never seem to find time for me.

Recently I was flicking through my phone and was shocked at how I looked, I wish I could post a picture but would not want it on MN forever grin

I know I look old but I don't feel it iyswim?
Is it too late to salvage?

I suffer from quite a few conditions, mainly fibromyalgia, bi polar and OCD ( cleaning related mainly ) and I think I've let myself go.

Am reluctant to say my age as I would love to post a pic and get honest responses, i need a kick up the bum and family/friends would never tell me I look old.
This is not a fishing for compliments type thread, been here long enough to know that MNers are genuinely honest and straight and I just want to feel better and I know that I need help with suggestions of how to fit skincare in and especially the best products to buy ( I am not brand loyal and have tons of different things )

Thank you, Zoflo

Theconifers25 Sun 19-Feb-17 11:52:09

What about having a bottle of cleansing liquid and an acid toner or alpha h liquid gold and cotton ball next to the toilet and then when you go to the toilet in the evening you can do it quickly then. You could also keep a bottle of a crease pm next to your bed to slap on your face before bed.
You don't even need a mirror for any of this. Just start with bare basics and move onto all the double cleanse malarkey if / when you want to and have established a routine.
The 3 things I've suggested are enough to make a visible difference to your face.

Theconifers25 Sun 19-Feb-17 11:53:17

That should read Cerave pm (the moisturizer).

mainlywingingit Sun 19-Feb-17 12:31:02

I have just bought the Clinique sonic brush that is now massively reduced. I use it in the shower which makes it really easy with some face wash.
It's really brightened my skin.

Zoflorabore Sun 19-Feb-17 13:27:33

Thank you both smile and for not berating me for having no skincare routine! I'm really ashamed of that, my mum has amazing skin and all she has ever used is oil of ulay or olay as it's now known.

I've been sorting out the bedroom today as still got gift bags from Christmas that I haven't even looked in and found more products! Dior make up I'd forgot about as well and loads of other bits.

I like the idea of putting stuff in the bathroom and starting off low maintenance, I spend so much time and energy on the dc and house, everything has to be perfect and I'm hoping to reduce the cleaning as my hands are chapped and sore ( I've been using working hands though and it's amazing ) I just seem to neglect myself sometimes.

I have a shower every day, sometimes twice, tend to put a bit of bronzer on and lipstick and spiritz of perfume and that's meblush

BusterGonad Sun 19-Feb-17 14:07:45

Don't beat yourself up op, we've all done it, maybe get a simple moisturizer like Astral to pop on after. If your skins been neglected it will soak it up and think it's having all its birthdays at once! 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now