Talk

Advanced search

Benefit Pushup Eyeliner

(17 Posts)
agrumpymum Sat 18-Feb-17 23:49:18

Can anyone who uses this give me any tips on how to get a nice, straight, even line on the upper lash? The Benefit lady said short strokes yet I still made enouh of a mess to look panda like!

Thanks

Flambola Sun 19-Feb-17 00:39:40

Bin it, it's shit.

MangosteenSoda Sun 19-Feb-17 00:55:51

Worst eyeliner I've ever had.

chickenwings00 Sun 19-Feb-17 01:07:11

Another vote for bin. I can't believe this made it to the shelves it's such a shit product..

thethoughtfox Sun 19-Feb-17 09:27:43

Pants. Bin it.

thethoughtfox Sun 19-Feb-17 09:28:57

One of my favourite beauty bloggers on Youtube who is a professional make up artist and uses liquid eyeliner every day couldn't get a straight line with it.

agrumpymum Sun 19-Feb-17 09:35:31

What? Noooo! Gah! It's the first time ever, I have had a liner on my top lash-line which doesn't blot onto my eyelids which are really hooded. It really did stay put.

Right, recommendations for something with equal staying power but easy to apply please!

AddALemon Sun 19-Feb-17 09:38:36

Im going to go against the grain here and say I use it and I get a straight line with it, I twist the first bit out and then put it on a makeup wipe then twist again and use little strokes to apply, it takes forever but the end result is eye makeup that never transfers and is hard to wash off!

agrumpymum Sun 19-Feb-17 11:07:40

So maybe a bit of practice for me Lemon. I tried last night, putting the first bit on my hand thinking I could pick it up from there as I needed it but it dried too quickly! I'm not used to an upper lash line so anything looks heavy to me just now but will persevere before I call it quits! Thanks.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 19-Feb-17 11:51:12

Another vote for bin. The hype around it when it came out was nuts, when in reality it was the poorest liner I have ever used. Try the Kat Von D tattoo liner - idiot proof and doesn't budge.

BusterGonad Sun 19-Feb-17 14:13:42

I've only got a mini one and it is so hard to use, all I managed was a few blobs of black! I use a eye liner brush wet with black eyeshadow.

Pistachiois50pmore Sun 19-Feb-17 15:18:48

It's terrible. Get a gel liner in a pot and a brush. Shu Uemura painting liner is my all time fave, MAC and Bobbi Brown are good - but having said that the high street gel liners have pretty much caught up now, Top Shop's is really great.

likeacrow Sun 19-Feb-17 15:20:07

I agree it's terrible. Thought it was just mine that was somehow dodgy. Now I know!

Yellowmono Sun 19-Feb-17 16:24:01

I'm a heavy black liner user and I struggled with it. As a pp said, try a gel liner. I use the maybelline one that comes in a little jar and you get a brush with it. Still takes practise but doesn't budge once it's on!

agrumpymum Sun 19-Feb-17 17:57:13

Tried it again today. I did get a straight line but it came out in lumps and was very gloopy so there was quite a lot on the back of my hand by the time I was finished. Will probably use it up and then try something else. Have tried Bobbi Brown gel liner but it just blots straight onto my upper lid when I open my eyes.

Boygirlmummy Sun 19-Feb-17 18:01:35

I also think its shit but it works much better if you breathe onto it to heat it up slightly, then work from the outside in. But yeah would never buy it again.

RosieCockle Sun 19-Feb-17 18:23:33

I get the dreaded imprinted line as well (from Bobbi Brown and MAC gel liners). I bought the Urban Decay Razor Sharp liquid one a few months back and absolutely no imprints now. Just stays put all day. The brush is really thin, which I like as well. Have heard good things about the Kat Von D ones as pps said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now