Talk

Advanced search

Job interview and makeup

(8 Posts)
blissey Sat 18-Feb-17 23:05:23

I've never worn any makeup at all. I've never got into it and don't really see the point. No one has ever mentioned anything except to say how good my skin looks.

The thing is, I have a potentially life-changing job interview coming up and as I was preparing for it and thinking about what to wear I suddenly wondered whether people will judge me for not wearing makeup. Would you?

I think I would feel weird wearing makeup and to be honest I wouldn't have a clue what to do - but I don't want people to think I don't make an effort.

empirerecordsrocked Sat 18-Feb-17 23:08:22

Don't do it if you don't normally. Go and ace the interview. You'll feel self conscious and odd trying to be someone you're not. Good luck!

blissey Sat 18-Feb-17 23:12:00

Thank you! smile

babyunicornvomit Sat 18-Feb-17 23:13:41

My belief is dress and look how you're most confident - you need it in an interview. I feel most sexy with a full face of makeup, most comfortable at home in leggings and no makeup - so I go for a middle ground of concealing any dark circles, spots etc. powder (in case of nervous sweat!), mascara and maybe a bit of neutral lipstick.

If you've never worn it don't try to be someone you're not, you'll be confident and comfortable without it and they're there to judge your ability at the job and not your face! :-)

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sun 19-Feb-17 04:09:11

If you've never worn it, an important interview isn't the right time to start.

No one will judge you for not wearing it I promise.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 19-Feb-17 09:43:04

If you're well/appropriately dressed I wouldn't worry. I personally feel more professional in make up but it's certainly not the only factor.

Finbar Sun 19-Feb-17 09:52:33

Agreei with the be yourself comments. Just ensure you look like you made an effort I.e. Hair tidy, clothes in smart condition. That kind of thing.
Good luck for the interview.

blissey Sun 19-Feb-17 12:08:38

Thank you for the advice! I will go as I am smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now