Talk

Advanced search

What, if anything, can I wear under a backless dress?

(13 Posts)
GruffaloPants Sat 18-Feb-17 21:47:13

Trying to put together a nice outfit for an upcoming wedding. I've seen a lovely dress, but it is backless (straight neck with kimono sleeves). Can I wear something under it eg a contrasting camisole? It's black with light pink embroidery. Can't go bra less - too much in the way of boobs, and breastfeeding too.

notMarlene Sat 18-Feb-17 22:01:07

How backless is it? To the waist? this looks good but no good if it's actually backless.

MillieMillie Sat 18-Feb-17 22:13:22

Carrie from SATC wore a bra with backless dresses, she carried it off - not sure I could tho!

GruffaloPants Sat 18-Feb-17 22:19:13

It's backless to the waist.

Just a bra underneath is one if many SATC styles I can't carry off.

FunkinEll Sat 18-Feb-17 23:04:56

Will you need to breastfeed while wearing it?

If not, do they still do lilypadz breast pads? If yes then those and then one of these over the top. I had a long discussion with various breast sized friends about how good these are for anything without a back.
backless bra

GruffaloPants Sat 18-Feb-17 23:09:19

I will need to breastfeed and will be in it for more than the 4-6 hours allowed. Also a bit worried about getting a blocked duct or something if I wear a non standard bra.

Might get one of those in the future though. So many nice dresses seem to be backless!

empirerecordsrocked Sat 18-Feb-17 23:12:04

I think on this occasion the backless dress may not be the right choice!

littledinaco Sat 18-Feb-17 23:12:51

Join the Facebook group 'can I breastfeed in it'. There are loads of gorgeous breastfeeding friendly dresses for weddings and ideas of how to alter other dresses. Someone there may have an idea of how to wear dress you have seen or if not, you'll definitely get help/ideas for other dresses.

GruffaloPants Sat 18-Feb-17 23:20:23

Maybe it's not the right dress (this is it.. http://www.asos.com/asos-tall/asos-tall-kimono-mini-dress-with-embroidery/prd/7141625?iid=7141625&clr=Multi&SearchQuery=Tall%20kimono%20min&pgesize=4&pge=0&totalstyles=4&gridsize=3&gridrow=1&gridcolumn=2 )

I take it wearing something under a backless dress is a non starter? Other suggestions welcome, I'm 6ft, size 10-12, bit of post baby flab around the middle. It's for an informalish wedding. Don't necessarily mind if it's not easy to breastfeed in as DD goes quite long between feeds now.

empirerecordsrocked Sat 18-Feb-17 23:31:24

It's lovely but would be ruined by a top under it imo.

GruffaloPants Sat 18-Feb-17 23:37:40

How about this? Maybe with gold accessories? http://www.asos.com/prd/7206936

SplodgeBear1988 Sat 18-Feb-17 23:43:51

If you scroll to the bottom of the page someone has turned that dress back to front and it looks fab! Would that work?

GruffaloPants Sat 18-Feb-17 23:50:28

She looks amazing but I need a bra!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now