Talk

Advanced search

Sainsbury's blue leather jacket.

(13 Posts)
Artyfarty555 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:56:32

I bought the Tu premium blue leather jacket with 25% off. It's a lovely colour and the leather is good quality but I'm not sure " it's really me!" I'm nearly 50 but I'd like to think young and fairly with it!! But, I've no idea what to wear it with, how to style it , so unsure if l keep it? Sold out online so if l returned it and had a change of heart I'd not get one back. I'm 5"6 and a flabby size 10 if that helps!? Thanks . Usual attire is skinny jeans and Breton tops , Kharki parka , wellies and dog walking stuff. So out of my comfort zone!

Swimminguphill Sat 18-Feb-17 20:31:53

It will look great with your skinnies and Breton tops - job done!

If you want to get more adventurous try it with some floaty midi skirts and dresses. Also harem pants.

Swimminguphill Sat 18-Feb-17 20:32:54

Also don't worry about not being able to carry it off. It's essentially just a jacket, not a crop top! Wear it with attitude and you'll feel great.

Artyfarty555 Sat 18-Feb-17 20:41:53

confusednot sure I've got the attitude to pull it off. I could do with being a bit more ... styled! But at an age when l don't really seem to fit in! I saw some "peg leg" trousers in New look today while shopping for my son. They were nice! Grown up ! Could l wear those with loafers? But do you wear socks then!? grin!? I've Marie Kondo my wardrobe so only supposed to fill it with joy sparking clothes!?

Awks Sat 18-Feb-17 20:43:51

I'm 52 and I really wanted it but like you say it's sold out so think yourself lucky grin . It will look lovely with those trousers and no to socks with loafers.

Artyfarty555 Sat 18-Feb-17 21:41:14

Thanks awks

SilverHawk Sat 18-Feb-17 21:55:23

You are so lucky to get one reduced envy, I paid full price. Mine had it's first outing today as it was warm enough, just.
It's a leather jacket not a neon pink fluffy doo dah! I have a few years on you and my advice is 'just wear it', it's as basic as a black blazer etc.

CountFosco Sun 19-Feb-17 00:03:08

I've just bought my first leather jacket (a bomber rather than a biker) and I love it despite being shorter and fatter than you. Definitely wear it with the breton and skinnies. I've been wearing mine with a chunky jumper underneath plus an enormous scarf and gloves but am going to have to start shedding layers now it's getting a bit warmer. Even DD1 told me I looked 'cool' grin.

salsmum Sun 19-Feb-17 00:16:43

Debenhams do a free personal shopper service...if you take your jacket with you they will find some great styles to dress with it.

Theconifers25 Sun 19-Feb-17 06:38:56

Does anyone have a picture of it, personal or online as I can't find an image of it probably as sold out.

Artyfarty555 Sun 19-Feb-17 08:10:09

There is a photo on Google of the jacket. Search under Sainsbury s th premium leather jacket. Trying to attach an image but failing !!

Artyfarty555 Sun 19-Feb-17 08:10:42

Haha, it worked !!!

Theconifers25 Sun 19-Feb-17 09:43:45

Oh it's lovely 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now