Talk

Advanced search

Hopeless at using under eye concealer

(7 Posts)
bigbuttons Sat 18-Feb-17 19:44:22

What am I doing wrong! Whenever I try and use it/ test it out I simply look like a tired woman who is spectacularly awful at at covering dark circles. Infact I reckon I draw more attention to them because of my shit application methods. I dab it round the inner corners and smooth with a brush.
Apart from a decent colour match, which I do think I have( matched at Bobbi Brown counter) what should/ could I do ?

Softkitty2 Sat 18-Feb-17 21:27:27

First advice is moisturise your undereye before any concealer application, if you have wrinkly undereye unfortunately sometimes the product sits in the creases. Also, if you have dark, purplish, reddish undereye colour it is best to use a corrector first, conceal and then set.

My concealers changes from mac to nars to other brands but my bobbi brown peach corrector is my holy grail.

Sweetpea15 Sun 19-Feb-17 06:03:28

I watched a YouTube video on this and it turns out I wasn't bringing my concealer down far enough. If you just put it on the dark circles your actually highlighting them. If you've seen the contouring tricks that's why they do like clown triangles under the eyes, bringing it down further onto the cheek xx

Sweetpea15 Sun 19-Feb-17 06:04:37

Not my image but explains what I mean

TupperwareTat Sun 19-Feb-17 06:06:49

Same here OP. I look worse with it on though.

bigbuttons Sun 19-Feb-17 08:56:35

Thanks. So moisturise and bring concealer down lower.
Some days I would like to not look like I was a 100 years old or like a 100 year old clown !

jeaux90 Sun 19-Feb-17 09:27:11

Bright if you are dark under the eyes then try something like benefit lemon aid before the concealer. For a under eye moisturiser I use the embryolisse eye stick you can order it online from boots. And yes the triangle is the way to apply touché eclat or similar (actually the boots one is pretty good)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now