Talk

Advanced search

Non wired bras in large cup sizes

(8 Posts)
Kaz2200 Sat 18-Feb-17 18:59:30

So I know my bra size I'm a 36/38 E but nearly every bra I have hurts under the arms. I try on and they feel OK, but within an hour I'm in agony. At the last clear out I threw out 12 brand new bras. I wear the soft stretchy ones at home, but I need something for wearing out. Can anyone recommend pretty non wired bras that come in large sizes.

PerspicaciaTick Sat 18-Feb-17 19:04:21

I'm pretty certain that if your underwires are sticking into your armpits then you need to try a smaller cup size (and maybe increase the back size to compensate). I''m sure someone who know more will be along soon however. In the mean time, try Ample Bosom. IIRC Royce do some pretty bras in large sizes.

perfectlybroken Sat 18-Feb-17 19:06:34

I cant seem to cope with underwiring so I go for for pregnancy/maternity bras which are both comfy and supportive. I'm 34 f and have plenty of choice. There are some lovely pretty sexy styles as well.

Kaz2200 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:10:11

If I go up a back size and decrease the cup I end up with spillage, I'll certainly look at maternity bras, thanks.

Haffiana Sat 18-Feb-17 20:08:52

Please read the M&S Bra thread! I honestly believed for years that I couldn't wear underwired bras because of the bloody atrocious and EVIL fitting service from M&S. I even remember going into John Lewis and getting measured, and they came up with such a different size to my usual M&S one (and suggested underwired styles even after I told them that I 'couldn't' wear them) that I thought that they were useless and left. If only I had listened...

When I finally got properly measured it was a complete and utter revelation. Yes, some styles won't ever work with my bust - everyone is like that. Boobs and bodies are different. But please, if you have never been fitted by someone like Bravissimo then go and give them a try.

BouleBaker Sat 18-Feb-17 20:11:51

I only wear non underwriter bras now, even after having been fitted by Bravissimo and so on I just don't get on with wires. I get M&S ones which go up to a J at least in one design. I don't use their fitting service though, I'm not that mad.

Wires in armpits is most likely a style issue - are you quite petite height wise, or are your breasts quite high set on your torso? Or, are they quite narrow rooted (so sort of upfront, not much under your armpits if that makes any sense?)

Where were you fitted for your current size?

DianaT1969 Sat 18-Feb-17 21:00:14

Do try a Panache non wired sports bra for everyday wear. The straps are thicker than standard, very well constructed and washes well in the machine. They don't give a mono boob or bunch them together.
http://www.panache-lingerie.com/_1/products/details/panache-sport/non-wired-sports-bra/a/a

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now