Talk

Advanced search

If burnt orange turquoise moss green dark green brown wine suit me, whet season am I ?

(20 Posts)
LardLizard Sat 18-Feb-17 12:20:07

Oh and some pinks n purples

Notanotherpawpatrol Sat 18-Feb-17 12:21:42

They sound like autumnal colours, however I have no knowledge of the season colour thing! grin

DressageNut Sat 18-Feb-17 12:24:26

I reckon autumn. Are the "good" pinks coral and salmon type pinks? What about the purples - do aubergine tones look good?

piefacerecords Sat 18-Feb-17 12:25:18

If you were an Autumn, pinks abd purples probably wouldn't suit you. If its dark, muted colours in general, you're more likely to be a deep winter.

this explains it well and shows you the deep winter colours towards the bottom...

LardLizard Sat 18-Feb-17 13:11:08

Yes coral suits me

And purple have to be the right kinda shade

Yes I have dark hair and eyes and definatley yellow skin tone

LardLizard Sat 18-Feb-17 13:14:42

According to that I'm definatley dark

PollyPerky Sat 18-Feb-17 13:15:19

can we have some commas between the colours as it's a bit confusing.

LardLizard Sat 18-Feb-17 13:44:17

Sorry my battery was about to run out, so had to type it quick!

Well I've just read the link, am I'm even more confused now
As I think fushia does suit me

But I don't think minty green suits me

LardLizard Sat 18-Feb-17 13:45:58

Teal/ petrol green is good in me too

LardLizard Sat 18-Feb-17 13:46:10

On me, I mean

Doobigetta Sat 18-Feb-17 14:14:24

Minty green is more a Spring colour. All the ones you've described sound like deep Autumn to me.

WipsGlitter Sat 18-Feb-17 14:22:47

Is there anywhere online you can "do" your colours?

ImNotOkayyy Sat 18-Feb-17 14:26:31

What is this witch craft? How do you find out that suits you?

NennyNooNoo Sat 18-Feb-17 14:30:06

Wasn't it all from a book called Colour Me Beautiful back in the 80s? I was an autumn too.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 18-Feb-17 14:33:44

Isn't there a place called 'house of colour' that charges a fortune tells you this? I'd love to have my colours done. I think I know already really, because I never can wear black, red, yellow or pink especially near my face. I love all those tones/colours you've mentioned op so I must be the same as you!

ArriettyClock1 Sat 18-Feb-17 14:37:23

I have no idea what colours suit me. This is good because I only wear black, grey or white shades.

I loathe bright colours.

Fuzzypeggy Sat 18-Feb-17 15:24:01

You wi be an autumn or spring if your skin is yellow tones not pink, and you suit brown and burnt orange. These two seasons are warm Colours, the difference between them is how bright or muted they are. The only way of telling between the two is a consultation or doing some
Comparisons between colours by holding up those colours to your face.
Someone upthread said that if the muted colours suit you then you could be a winter but I would disagree. Winters are about clear colours not muted and are all cool. Whereas brown and burnt orange which you say suit you, are the warmest of warm colours.

Euphemia Sat 18-Feb-17 15:28:49

Once you've decided which season you are, if you're looking for a fantastic range of colours, check out Kettlewell Colours.

piefacerecords Sat 18-Feb-17 15:30:30

Not necessarily Fuzzy. Yellow toned skin can be olive skin (as I have). I am definitely more suited to cool colours than warm.

Winter colours can be muted rather than clear - so you can be a deep/muted Winter rather than a clear/bright Winter.

I read a book about this - Colour Revival - which was a kind of 'do it yourself' anaylsis book.

Fuzzypeggy Sat 18-Feb-17 15:53:01

I don't think a deep winter is the same thing as muted. My understanding is that there is no muted category of winter colours, as winter colours are all, by their very nature, clear, which is the opposite of muted. The muted cool colours are in the summer palette.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now