Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking for good sheepskin slippers please!!

(29 Posts)
user1486161908 Sat 18-Feb-17 11:09:15

I'm currently looking for a good pair of sheepskin slippers and there's too many to choose from and they all seem to have very mixed reviews... I have had two pairs of backless Just Sheepskin ones, the first were amazing, stayed plush and cosy and odour free for a long time, the second pair were much poorer quality, fur wore down on the sole quickly etc. Are Uggs worth the extra cash? Or are there any still on sale anywhere? grin Emu slippers? I would like it to also have a sole suitable for the garden... any suggestions gratefully received! wink

MassDebate Sat 18-Feb-17 16:30:08

I was incredibly disappointed with Just Sheepskin ones - mine disintegrated within about 2 months. I replaced them with some Ugg slippers which are now on their 3rd winter and still look good (and are super warm and comfy). Well worth the investment imo.

PidgeyfinderGeneral Sat 18-Feb-17 16:30:53

Sorel.

ComicSans Sat 18-Feb-17 16:33:08

www.celticandco.com/sheepskin-slippers

BikeRunSki Sat 18-Feb-17 16:33:57

Celtic and Co
My House Boots are good as new 5 years on. Well worth the investment. And they are machine washable.

BikeRunSki Sat 18-Feb-17 16:34:12

x post!

MissisBoote Sat 18-Feb-17 16:36:32

My celtic sheepskin one lasted 4 years, uggs lasted 6 years. Have now got some Just Sheepskin ones - I'll be disappointed if they fall apart any time soon.

PrettyLittleBrownEyedMe Sat 18-Feb-17 16:38:43

Try these people; they are a lovely local family-run business with quality products.

(I'm not on commission or anything to do with them but am wearing a pair of their sheepskin moccasins as I write!)

www.moorcraftsheepskinshop.co.uk/

MrsMarigold Sat 18-Feb-17 16:38:59

I've got a second pair of Just Sheepskins, with backs in chocolate, I always wear them inside and the first pair lasted five and a half years, got the second pair in November and they seem ok.

PidgeyfinderGeneral Sat 18-Feb-17 16:40:30

www.sorelfootwear.co.uk/womens-slippers#srule=Price%3A%20Low%20to%20High

ivykaty44 Sat 18-Feb-17 16:43:15

www.puresheepskin.co.uk/footwear-slippers

DD gave me the moccasin style slippers three years ago from here, to replace the last pair I had from Barnstaple ( shop gone now) which have a hole worn in the sole after 32 years

HumpHumpWhale Sat 18-Feb-17 16:49:43

Another vote for celtic and Co. I have the sheepskin booties and wear them constantly. They're on their 4th winter and going strong despite having been vomited on multiple times by two vomity babies (whyyyyyy always my lovely slippers?) & consequently machine washed quite a few times. I don't wear them outside but they'd be fine for nipping out to take the bins out and such.

AliciaMayEmory Sat 18-Feb-17 16:55:49

My Ugg slippers looked battered within 6 months and I threw them out after a year as they looked so awful. I have other Uggs that have lasted years, but I wont buy the slippers again. Have heard very good things about Celtic & co, so might try those next time.

Whileweareonthesubject Sat 18-Feb-17 16:57:06

I've had emu (backless) which I wore for two years. They're still wearable but I don't like backless slippers. I've now got Shepherd with backs. Lovely and comfy, very warm and snug. Have only just started wearing them, so don't know how long they'll last but dh is wearing a pair of shepherd's that are around four years old.

user1486161908 Sat 18-Feb-17 20:16:51

Thanks very much for the replies! I'm liking the look of some of the Celtic ones... and there are a few from Puresheepskin that are in the sale that look nice tho it sounds like they have quite soft soles.... for every person who says they love Uggs there is always another who is disappointed by them.... I remember seeing some slippers by them in a few sales for around £35, has anybody seen this kind of price? Maybe too late for most sales..

squiz81 Sat 18-Feb-17 22:18:22

I got some brand new celtic & co 'imperfects' on eBay for £30. The top of the left one is slightly less fluffy than the right.
Best £30 I ever spent. I'm never going back to normal slippers. My feet are so happy. Mine are the boot style as I think I run about the house better when I'm not trying to keep a mule on.

parking2017 Sun 19-Feb-17 07:38:09

Mine are Shepherd and have lasted very well. Still look like new and I wear them in the garden sometimes.

Shepherd Pia "Boho" Hard Sole Ladies Sheepskin Boot Style Slipper - Size 39 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E7CPNMQ/ref=cmsww_rcpp_api_uSuQyb1944KZY

I also have Celtic & Co boots for wearing outdoors and they are lovely too

Whatasmashingpumpkin Sun 19-Feb-17 07:43:52

I got a pair of Emu Jolie slippers and they were awful, and an eye watering £56! On 6 months all of the sheepskin had worn off one foot, and the other foot was patchy. I bought them from QVC and reviews tell me it's really common.
Avoid!

sulee Mon 20-Feb-17 20:12:24

I agree re Emu Jolie slippers. I bought a pair from TK Maxx which became bald in a couple of months. I gave them another go when I saw them for a knockdown price in the QVC sale shop and the same thing happened so never again...I currently have some from Aldi. I'm not expecting too much for the price, but so far so good!

KanyesVest Mon 20-Feb-17 20:22:07

I have the Aldi ones. Have them over a year and they ate still perfect... Love them

OCSockOrphanage Mon 20-Feb-17 20:33:57

Celtic, again, but I'm Cornish and they're fairly local.

Waxlyrically Mon 20-Feb-17 20:40:17

I'm on my second pair of uggs in at least 6 years -they are indestructible! My former celtics ( bootees) only lasted 1 year before there was a hole in the sheepskin.

IllMetByMoonlight Mon 20-Feb-17 20:42:21

Another vote for Shepherd. I have worn them for over 10 years and am now on my 3rd pair. Quite expensive, but worth it as they have lasted so well, as in no balding, sagging at the heel or losing their shape.
I have tried two styles (Emmy and Saga) and my mum and my sister are die-hard Emmy wearers.

Ivytheterrible Mon 20-Feb-17 21:34:20

I have some boots from sheepland. 3 years and still going strong and I wear them everyday. Have just bought my husband some and he also loves them.

sanitygirl Tue 21-Feb-17 19:33:25

Another vote for Celtic and co - love my boot slippers so much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now