Talk

Advanced search

Hot cloth cleansers

(51 Posts)
Bodear Fri 17-Feb-17 22:27:39

I'm just looking for some recommendations. I used to use the Eve Lom one and recently got a sample which reminded how good it is. But I remembering it being very expensive so wondered if there are any alternatives....

CantChoose Fri 17-Feb-17 22:44:14

Liz Earle? That's my go-to. I daren't try the eve lom for fear of falling in love with it and Bankrupting myself so can't compare I'm afraid.

suze28 Sat 18-Feb-17 07:18:35

Emma Hardie moringa balm, Pixi cleansing balm and the Body Shop camomile butter are good alternatives.

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Sat 18-Feb-17 07:31:25

I actually like vit e one at superdrug <£5! (Am poor as on SMP)

VeryPunny Sat 18-Feb-17 07:32:25

I love th REN one, which M&S sell.

missfliss Sat 18-Feb-17 07:34:05

Have tried a few and liked them all, including Liz Earle, REN, Emma Hardie and a few others.bug fan of hot flannels yo cleanse with.
Got the Superdrug Vit E one last week, it's my favourite of the lot!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 18-Feb-17 07:58:05

Merumeya, £16.50 & lasts me two months.

If you buy it off fabled they get Ocado to deliver it, for free.

SerialBodenReturner Sat 18-Feb-17 08:17:29

Sorry to hijack your thread but can I ask a question about hot cloth cleansing?

I currently use a creamy wash off cleanser (Boots time delay), rub it on my face and then wash it off with an old-school washcloth/flannel.

Is there something different or special about the cloth or the cleanser when people talk about 'hot cloth cleansing' or is it essentially the same as what I'm already doing?

Thank you for any enlightenment smile

thefudgeling Sat 18-Feb-17 08:19:39

Superdrug naturally radiant is great.

Zampa Sat 18-Feb-17 08:20:17

I've used a couple of other cleansers but always go back to Eve Lom ... I think it's worth the money. Hated the Superdrug one often recommended here.

Bodear Sat 18-Feb-17 08:42:17

Morning all! Thank you for your replies, that gives me loads to read up on. I should have said, I have incredibly oily skin if that makes a difference. I go through facial blotting papers like there's no tomorrow!
SerialBodenReturner
Hot cloth cleansers are (I think, but I've only tried one) slightly different in texture. The Eve Lom one is solid at room temperature but melts into a liquid in your hand/ on your face. I think it has some form of oil in it which sounds counter intuitive but it does work. I think that's why the hot cloth is important. I'm sure that someone else will have a much better and more informative answer though!

NomDePlumeReloaded Sat 18-Feb-17 08:59:21

I just buy jojoba oil. I've tried loads of branded cleansers but good quality jojoba is the thing my skin reacts to best. My favourite is the cold pressed Fushi version.

Eatingcheeseontoast Sat 18-Feb-17 09:03:04

serialboden that's exactly what I'd do. Seems to work ok!

SerialBodenReturner Sat 18-Feb-17 09:11:47

Thank you Bodear and Eatingcheese - in the interest of economy I'll probably carry on as I am then!

Sounds like there's something a bit different about the cleanser but otherwise the same sort of idea.

Good luck finding your ideal cleanser Bodear and thank you for letting me jump on your thread smile.

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 18-Feb-17 09:22:01

Eve Lom is amazing for my oily skin, I tend to flit between that one and Liz Earle. Superdrug's Vit E one is brilliant, too, but it doesn't reduce my oily skin so much (I assume the oiliness is balanced by the oil in the Eve Lom one but have no idea how it works).

I also like Philosophy's Purity cleanser. I use it with a konjac sponge (super cheap in Boots) and it's a good second-cleanse.

LaundryQueenHatesBunfights Sat 18-Feb-17 09:29:06

I love Eve Lom too, the second best one I've found was the Superdrug one. Definitely better than Liz Earle

mowglik Sat 18-Feb-17 09:46:10

I like Emma Hardie and Merumaya hot cloth cleansers, I have very oily skin too and both are great for softening the skin.

One thing thats great for oily skin is the oil cleansing method, just make up a mix of olive oil and castor oil and cleanse with that. It really reduces the oil production over the course of a day. Only reason I dont do it now is because I like the pampering side of using scented balm type cleansers!

Eastwestbestrest Sat 18-Feb-17 12:13:53

I've tried loads including Eve Lom and Liz Earle and have found that you can't beat good old Cetaphil.

U2HasTheEdge Sat 18-Feb-17 12:28:08

My favourite is Ultrabland from Lush

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 18-Feb-17 18:55:12

I think it's the heat from the hot flannel/cloth why would you use a cloth that helps take the cleanser off more effectively.
You know the amount of filth that seems to come off on the hot towel they give you at an Indian restaurant? Same principle I think. I've tried various cleansers with cold water/ flannel and it takes twice as long as with hot and I feel like a film is still left on my skin. Some oil cleansers emulsify completely in hot water and others -like Emma Hardie, don't half as well.

Melfish Sat 18-Feb-17 18:59:34

I had a free bottle of the M&S one- I think the range is called Pure- and it was good. I've also used the Body Shop Camomile Butter one which is equally good (and usually you can find a discount body shop code online).

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Sat 18-Feb-17 19:17:23

The Lancome one is great, though I go through phases with using it or just a plain face wash.

sepsisandAKI Sat 18-Feb-17 22:53:48

Body Shop chamomile butter is amazing

Iamastonished Sat 18-Feb-17 23:10:16

"Body Shop chamomile butter is amazing"

Yes it is. Given the OP's description of the Eve Lom cleanser it sounds pretty similar in texture. I also like Superdrug's Naturally Radiant hot cloth cleanser.

IMO unless you have really temperamental skin spending ££££ on a cleanser is pretty pointless as they don't spend much time in contact with your skin. It is probably worth spending more on a moisturiser which stays on your skin for several hours.

saz9382 Sun 19-Feb-17 00:12:55

I bought Caroline Hirons/Pixi Double Cleanse last week and so far I'm really impressed.

My other favourite is Eve Lom morning time. Smells awful though. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now