Talk

Advanced search

Keratin straightening treatment

(4 Posts)
freelancegirl Fri 17-Feb-17 10:41:24

Anyone had any success with such treatments either at home or at a haidressers? I've been looking into getting one of these but been quoted everything from £130 to £280 by salons. Can anyone recommend a brand to buy online and use (with the help of a hairdresser friend) at home? I've seen threads about this before but all the links posted have expired and I want to make sure I get the right product. TIA.

itstheyearzero Fri 17-Feb-17 11:24:48

I had mine done a few weeks ago using a kit I bought from Amazon and my hairdresser friend did it. Maddeningly I just went to get you the link and it says it's out of stock. It was this one and it's really good

Brazilian Keratin Treatment - Home Hair Straightening Kit 100ml (COMPLETE KIT)
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003YUEF7C/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21#immersive-view_1487330623384

Heatherbell1978 Fri 17-Feb-17 11:30:12

I've done both - at home and hairdressers. Haven't had one for a few years due to pregnancies but went through a stage of getting them done every 3 months. Depends on your hair I guess. The salon ones were better for me as I have very thick unmanageable hair. The more you spend, the better it'll be. I paid £250 when they first came on the market and they lasted well but the ones I paid £100 for (Groupons etc) didn't last.
I did the home one too which was fine and good for just making my hair a bit more manageable before a holiday but didn't last months.
They don't straighten your hair mind, they remove the frizz and just make drying and everything else a bit easier.

freelancegirl Sat 18-Feb-17 10:50:12

Thanks both! Yes on all the previous threads I've seen the links have all expired or are out of stock by the time I get there! My hair is fine and easily manageable but frizzy and made doubly so since having coloured highlights (low lights technically) to hide a few greys, so sounds like the at home ones might be good enough. Hmm. Still don't have a link for a recommended one though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now