Talk

Advanced search

Navy or red?!

(23 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Fri 17-Feb-17 09:14:46

Gazelle fans! I'm planning a pair for the summer....classic red and white or navy and white.
Navy probably most versatile and classic for year round but I do love me a pair of red shoes in the summer!
navy
red

McWeedie Fri 17-Feb-17 11:03:41

I like the navy best I think they are more versatile and flattering. When I wear read shoes I look like I have clown feet grin

Iamtheresurrection Fri 17-Feb-17 11:19:31

Navy

Floisme Fri 17-Feb-17 11:43:35

I think it depends on whether you want your shoes to fit in with your outfit or your outfit to fit around your shoes, if that makes sense?
I think red could look great but you'd probably need everything else to be fairly low key (unless you go for a really clashy and out-there style).
Navy is maybe less interesting in its own right but would work with more stuff.
So I'm on the fence!

Sugarpiehoneyeye Fri 17-Feb-17 11:46:16

Go for the red OP, bright and sunny.
I do love the navy, far more versatile, but you could wear those anytime.

EggsEleven Fri 17-Feb-17 12:42:35

I bought these red Stan Smith recently so my vote is for the red ones! They're quite versatile and go with more than I expected.

EggsEleven Fri 17-Feb-17 12:56:10

The only patterned top I've worn them with so far is this one with ankle skimming skinnies.

Other than that I've stuck to plainer tops so far e.g White or Grey with blue or black skinnies. They're good for brightening up an all black outfit though.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Fri 17-Feb-17 13:54:19

Eggs, I need you to come with me, next time I'm clothes/shoe/bag shopping, I'm hopeless, and often come home downhearted, with no purchases. ☹️
Just taken your tips on board, you sound clued up. 🙋🏼⭐️

keeponkeepinon Fri 17-Feb-17 13:55:49

On the fence here. There's a place for both really though bright and sunny red really appeals.
In the summer I mostly live in ankle skimming jeans and boden ruched skirts in black and navy. So all bottoms are pretty neutral. As for tops and what is in my wardrobe, navy is the obvious choice but I love the pop of red. I think I'd need to see the kind of red it is in the flesh, whether it's a true red or a bit faded. Ie. How would it look against my pasty English rose skin tone

EatSpamAmandaLamb Fri 17-Feb-17 15:42:51

I get more wear out of my navy than my red pair, however I wear my burgundy more than almost any trainers (I love in trainers and brogues thanks to dodgy knees.)
They have that unexpected pop without clashing with lots of things iyswim?
www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/5,21/2139862156

Emboo19 Fri 17-Feb-17 16:11:36

I'd go for red, but I love red. The reds a bright red, looks fab with jeans and black, white and grey. I don't like navy with black and it only works with some greys I find.
Or buy both!! Or look at the burgandy, more neutral than the red, although I tend to wear my burgandy more in autumn.

PhyllisWig Fri 17-Feb-17 16:21:53

There is a pair of gazelle type knock offs in Sainsbury's for 12 quid at the moment. This may totally horrify you in which case ignore obvs but if they did work you could do both?

PhyllisWig Fri 17-Feb-17 16:22:13

The knock offs are navy btw

olderthanyouthink Fri 17-Feb-17 16:28:08

If your clothes are very neutral definitely the red

keeponkeepinon Sun 19-Feb-17 07:50:41

I think i need to see the red...

dudsville Sun 19-Feb-17 08:27:29

Red! I have red trainers. It's surprising how versatile they are once you get used to them! Blue is easy. Red is fabulous!

ChishandFips33 Sun 19-Feb-17 08:51:50

I thought navy at first but if your wardrobe is navy and grey they'll just blend in...I'm team red now!

I have oxblood docs and didn't think I'd wear them much but they go with loads so wear them most of the week

Emboo19 Sun 19-Feb-17 09:57:24

I'm thing definitely the red, since I first posted I've been thinking what I've worn my red with and it's loads really.
Jeans or denim shorts with grey, black, navy, white t shirts, slouchy jumpers sweaters etc.
Checked shirts, most of mine have a bit of red in them so go well, plain shirts white, grey, denim.
I've got a few t shirt style slouchy dresses that look lovely with them and a few white summer dresses too.

Emboo19 Sun 19-Feb-17 09:58:01

Meant to say I'm thinking not thing!

BringMeTea Sun 19-Feb-17 11:35:52

Red all the way! My red onitsuka tigers go with everything.

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Sun 19-Feb-17 16:08:12

I've just bought red gazelles. Love them!

keeponkeepinon Sun 19-Feb-17 19:39:05

I wear red sandals in the summer with everything. It's a no brainer! and a pair of navy for those more subtle outfits I've ordered some red to see the shade. I do love a pair of red shoes! I don't wear much red but I have always owned a pair of bright red shoes over the years now I think about it. They are so...happy!

keeponkeepinon Mon 20-Feb-17 13:32:16

Oh yes, they've come and they're lovely! Very summery, roll on sunshine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now