Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What's Buakujen like?

(14 Posts)
Kirriemuir Fri 17-Feb-17 07:26:07

I've seen a gorgeous jumper but it's £115! What is quality and sizing like please?

Floisme Fri 17-Feb-17 09:14:54

I often see things I like too but the only thing I've bought was the ruched skirt which was disappointing quality - single layer fabric and far too flimsy. I'm normally 8-10 and the 10 was slightly large.
I'm also put off by the models, who are so photo-shopped, they appear to have no internal organs.

AutumnalLeafs Fri 17-Feb-17 12:11:20

I'm assuming you mean Baukjen ??

The quality is objectively ok-ish but not as good as either it looks or for the cost of it.

I've had a few dresses and skirts. I find the material is a little thinner than it looks. It looks good to start with but doesn't wear too well - bobbles/starts to have that sort of "cheap" worn look.

I'd agree with Floisme - it's disappointing. It's not terrible and first few wears/washes are fine. It's just not what you'd expect for that price point and the way it's branded.

Sizing - I found it was fairly true to size for dresses.

DownHereInTheHorridHouse Fri 17-Feb-17 14:27:37

I feel like there's always something that just isn't quite right. I bought some jersey dresses - great length, flattering, but they have a split at the side that doesn't work. A poncho type jumper - almost there, but hangs oddly from the shoulders. A skirt that is the right length but the ruching is too thick, if that makes sense.

The catalogue is shocking - it all seems so dreary and the models look like they've been on a stretching machine (I am short though, so probably just bitter).

It's OK, but I'd only buy in the sale, and it's everyday basics at inflated prices really.

SesameSparkle Fri 17-Feb-17 16:22:55

I ordered 5 dresses in the sale. The fabric and colours were nice on all of them. One of the dresses was too small. All of them were cut very long (I'm 5ft4). They all looked the same as in the pictures. 2 of them had obvious flaws in the stitching around the neckline. One was lovely and slinky and flattering - it was also a decent reduction around 50% - I kept it, but haven't worn it yet. Returns were straightforward.

If you like the look of something, then give it a try. Look out for a code though - don't buy without at least 20% off.

notnowfrank Fri 17-Feb-17 17:22:59

I like the idea of Baukjen, but find the models in the catalogue off-puttingly tall and skinny - if the dresses cling to their teeny-tiny tummies, I can't even imagine how unflattering they'd be on a size 14 so I never order.

I've got one black jersey jacket that I bought in the sale a while back, and it's nice but quite narrowly cut.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 17-Feb-17 22:04:20

I have several tops and dresses, and am very happy. Very nice quality, everything looks like new even after numerous washes.

I never buy anything full price though, they have decent sales

TheMightyMing Fri 17-Feb-17 23:40:55

Probably asking the wrong person but I love it. I'd say 50-75 % of my wardrobe is from there and I have a LOT of clothes. I'm a curvy size 10 not very tall (5'4) . I think the quality is good, but then I don't just fling it all in the washer at 40 degrees. I love the jersey and it doesn't need ironing. I've several leather items from there as well that I love. I usually buy in the sale and I've had a fair bit brand new from e bay.

PacificDogwod Fri 17-Feb-17 23:44:20

On balance, I like it a lot, but the normal prices are ridiculous.
The sale is good, so far I have kept everything I've ordered (mainly jersey tops, one dress, 2 trousers). And yes, eBay is v good too grin

Sizes true to size IME.

CaroleService Sat 18-Feb-17 11:20:40

Midlife Chic (blog) had a post on Baukjen this week.

Kirriemuir Sat 18-Feb-17 11:27:20

I think I may get order and see what the jumper is like. Thanks everyone.

beanfilledfish Sat 18-Feb-17 11:33:13

i really like it and buy lots only in the sale though as sale stuff is quite affordable. Quality is great and stuff lasts. def designed for a certain shape though, tall and thin!

TheMightyMing Sat 18-Feb-17 13:31:35

Oh I dunno - I'm not tall but I have quite an athletic build ( not thin I work out and have broad shoulders and muscly arms ) it fits me well. I steer clear of the mega clingy dresses though

Fairyliz Sat 18-Feb-17 14:51:54

The dresses are not for apple shapes. They really cling to every lump if you look at the models even they look like they have a tummy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: