Talk

Advanced search

Imedeen anyone take this?

(10 Posts)
goldangel Fri 17-Feb-17 06:03:35

I have been trying out imedeen derma one for 6 months and my skin density has gone from 63 to 73 which the imedeen lady said was amazing. I admit I take a daily collagen tablet (500mg marine collagen), omega 3 tablet (1000mg) and soluble 1000mg vit c daily too.

Listing this it does sound OTT! So not sure if I should give imedeen a 3 month break as my skin density is so high, carry on with the other supplements then check my skin density again or just carry on as I am.

But I have to admit my skin does look a lot better and there are very few fine lines on my eyes and forehead.

I would be interested if anyone takes this and how you find it?

Thanks

humanfemale Fri 17-Feb-17 18:17:32

Bump

goldangel Fri 17-Feb-17 20:54:31

Thanks humanfemale fwiw I've had one hell of a shittiest of shit days, you know one of those days you never expected but whacked you sideways and upside down.

Anyway I survived it, eyes puffy still defeated but I'm ok, just back online now and remembered I posted a very first world thread before the shit day started and I just wanted to say your bump has been very well appreciated, * thank you 😊 *

DancingWithWillard Fri 17-Feb-17 20:57:40

I haven't tried imedeen sorry but how do you find the collagen tablets? Would you say there is a difference in your skin after taking them?

HoHumming Fri 17-Feb-17 23:38:12

I have just started to take Imideen again and I was wondering how you measure your skin density?

I found my skin looked better when I took them.I stopped about two months ago (laziness and the cost really although with some doubt about their effect) and I have noticed a difference in my skin. Previously I took them for about a year (the yellow pack).

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 18-Feb-17 07:20:12

I don't understand how skin density is measured? Very interested though as I've been considering these for a while.

goldangel Sat 18-Feb-17 08:49:48

They measure it by ultrasound, at some of the big Boots stores you can book via the imedeen website, they will explain the results to you there and then...

I would measure before you start then few months later for changes, for me my skin has improved and I haven't noticed new fine lines. I'm mid 40's so my skin is rapidly ageing hence these efforts!

Before I started imedeen my skin density was 63, I had been on collagen tablets only and my skin was pretty good from it so the imedeen lady put me on derma one rather than the over 40's one. So yes I had noticed a difference in my skin from just collagen supplements.

Interested to hear from other imedeen users if any around smile

Thanks

PollyPerky Sat 18-Feb-17 09:13:45

I thought it was scientifically impossible for skin to absorb collagen by digesting it? That' s not how building collagen works. From what I've heard, it's a scam.

If your skin has improved it's more likely to be the Omega 3s. Any Vit C over around 50mgs is just excreted anyway.

I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but I think Imedeen is an expensive scam. You can get all the same minerals and vits from diet.

I eat a daily avocado, walnuts, almonds and lots of oily fish which help my skin- people always ask me 'what I use' and I tell them it's down to diet.

PollyPerky Sat 18-Feb-17 09:19:11

Here. I know it's the Daily Mail, but it does make the point about collagen.
www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3754397/Can-supplements-REALLY-make-beautiful-Collagen-pills-useless-vitamin-C-does-protect-skin-experts-say.html

You;d be better off eating oily fish 3 x a week and saving your money!

humanfemale Sat 18-Feb-17 10:02:38

Aw @goldangel I'm sorry to hear that. I hope today is a much better day for you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now