Talk

Advanced search

Best budget foundation for super dry skin?

(16 Posts)
bijouxxx Thu 16-Feb-17 20:03:12

Last year my resolution was to gradually sort out my skin care and make up routine which has been going well. I've cracked the art of eye make up and sorted out my skin care (suffer from awful dry skin) to get my face looking the best it has in years. The one thing I'm yet to crack though is foundation and after using the last of my current bottle today I need to go out and buy some tomorrow. I was wanting to get an expensive one once this bottle had run out but money is tight at the minute so I'm going to have to make do with a budget one for now (anything up to £15).
I have been using Bourgeois healthy mix which has been doing an ok job but still leaves flaky patches (my skin is still quite dry, but I suffer from eczema so is the best it will get) and would buy it again if there are no better recommendations.
So if you have dry skin which foundation do you find is best that I can get for under £15?

Theconifers25 Thu 16-Feb-17 20:40:22

Bobbi brown extra care is excellent, the one. In the glass pot

Theconifers25 Thu 16-Feb-17 20:41:09

Soz I just saw the £15 budget. Pls ignore me.

Theconifers25 Thu 16-Feb-17 20:41:46

Soz I just saw the £15 budget. Pls ignore me.

tovelitime Thu 16-Feb-17 20:43:04

I'm the queen of cheap make up but now that I've tried Bobbi brown foundation there's no going back. Can you stretch to a more expensive foundation? It is worth it

bijouxxx Thu 16-Feb-17 20:45:22

tovelitime really can't stretch at the minute as my car went poof today, but Bobbi brown is what I had been looking at and will definitely invest in come pay day.

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Thu 16-Feb-17 20:47:22

I have eczema, not generally on my face though, plus excessively dry skin. I'm currently getting on with garnier bb cream quite well. Tech ically about £10 but often on offer at a few pounds less.

It moisturises and goes on nicely but its not a thick cover its a light smoothing finish. I spoke to a Clarins consultant (they're doing a rather decent sized 10 day free foundation sample at present) and she suggested using a powder to fix the bb cream. I intend to try the Aldi one I used to get at about £3.

humanfemale Thu 16-Feb-17 20:53:34

OP can I ask what skincare you're using for your dry skin? I am also extremely dry and have discovered some stuff that works brilliantly but costs £££ so am still open to trying new things smile

dudsville Thu 16-Feb-17 20:55:17

Really dry? The thick stuff in the blue nivea tubs. Great stuff!

bijouxxx Thu 16-Feb-17 20:58:26

human at the minute I'm using:
Superdrug vitamin E hot cloth cleanser
Palmers skin therapy face oil
Nip and fab extreme face pads
Neutrogena hydro boost gel
Nivea creme patted on (not rubbed in) every other night.

Gallavich Thu 16-Feb-17 21:00:07

I use Rimmel bb cream, less than a tenner and it doesn't flake on my dry skin

bijouxxx Thu 16-Feb-17 21:02:21

I do tend to go for medium-full coverage but may try one of these BB creams to tide me over till payday, thanks for all the recommendations.

MakeLemonade Thu 16-Feb-17 21:05:24

I like the L'Oréal BB cream - white tube, metallic purple lid - and also the No 7 protect and perfect tinted moisturiser.

If I feel like I need more coverage I mix with a few drops of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which isn't cheap but lasts ages.

Aderyn2016 Thu 16-Feb-17 22:30:18

Are you using primer? It will help avoid flakiness.

bijouxxx Thu 16-Feb-17 22:34:02

Yes I use primer followed by a primer spray, then a dewy setting spray.

N0tfinished Sat 18-Feb-17 08:09:59

I'm dry too and L'Oréal true match lumi is really good for me. I'm a bit of a makeup addict & have lots of high-end ones but this is s real favourite.

By the way, there's a Vichy cream I swear by - Nutrilogie 2. This is the first year I don't have dry patches, my skin feels comfortable, not tight & itchy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now