Talk

Advanced search

M&S: Go up a back size if your cups are too small!

(64 Posts)
Angelica85 Thu 16-Feb-17 19:36:48

No!!

Why are M&S still peddling incorrect advice??

This Bra Fit Event is going to get even more women in incorrectly fitting bras...

angry

dementedpixie Thu 16-Feb-17 22:14:29

Same with the advice for if the wires are coming away from your body:

Go up a back size if:
- The wires are digging into your breast tissue
- The wires are lifting away from your breastbone

You go up in the cup not the back ffs!!!

MinesaPinot Thu 16-Feb-17 22:19:26

They told me to go up a back size and down a cup size hmm

Iamtheresurrection Fri 17-Feb-17 07:07:33

It also told me to go up a back size and down a cup even though I'd ticked all the correct fit options. (Current bras were fitted in an independent shop)

megletthesecond Fri 17-Feb-17 07:10:48

Why are they ignoring cup size? confused

starsinyourpies Fri 17-Feb-17 08:13:35

It used to be because they didn't do larger cup sizes so they could still flog you something! Bad habits.

MirandaWest Fri 17-Feb-17 08:15:14

I also went through their calculator with my (fitted elsewhere), correct bra size and ticking all the "correct" option and was told to go down a cup size and up a back size.

Mcnorton Fri 17-Feb-17 08:18:41

My cups are always too big so they say go down a back size - but then I can't get it done up. I am apparently a freak of nature sad

fridgepants Fri 17-Feb-17 09:15:00

I asked for a 36 once and they told me they didn't have them, but I could try a 40 instead? [Hmm]

Thewolvesarerunningagain Fri 17-Feb-17 09:20:12

They once measured me at a 40A and then spent a lot of time disdainfully assuring me that that was an odd size that barely anywhere stocked. I was too embarrassed to go back/elsewhere for years. I finally got remeasured at a 36DD.

Iamastonished Fri 17-Feb-17 09:22:01

M and S are too arrogant to admit that they are wrong. This is why their sales are plummeting.

Ookmybanana Fri 17-Feb-17 10:18:28

I cannot get along with M&S bras. I tried them last week in desperation as I'm pregnant and my size has completely changed and my current bra is so uncomfortable. They just didn't have a clue what to do with me. Got fitted at a wonderful independent shop in Carlisle who are just amazing and where I normally go, even though it's quite a trek and the difference in how I look and how I feel is quite marked. I bloody love that shop.

Iamtheresurrection Fri 17-Feb-17 11:17:58

When I went in to replace my maternity bras they told me i was a strange shape and no bras would fit apart from a wireless cross your heart type number with inch wide straps. I left the changing room properly crying (it was just before Christmas so the shop was packed) and my husband wanted to complain but I just blamed myself.

Three months later I got up the courage to visit the independent shop and came home with four nice, normal under wired bras. I wish it had complained as I'd hate to think other women are being treated the same way.

notnowfrank Fri 17-Feb-17 11:21:30

I can't believe M&S is still measuring like this. Their lingerie and Percy Pigs is their last line of defence against the oncoming tide of change.

I know it's bordering on sacrilege but I find the Rosie bras really uncomfortable too.

unicornsIlovethem Fri 17-Feb-17 15:13:11

It's just told me my ideal size is a back size up and a cup size down even though I'm wearing one in my normal size which fits perfectly.

leedy Fri 17-Feb-17 15:45:03

It told me my ideal is a back size up and a cup size down as well! The bra I'm wearing is a perfectly fitting Cleo 32DD. I'm also a 32DD in the only M&S bras that fit me (the Rosie plunge ones), so it's not even that they're warning me that their bras have a really tight band or something.

(I do actually wear a 34D in Stella McCartney, but that's because they have REALLY tight bands and the 32 nearly cut off the circulation in my upper half)

Angelica85 Fri 17-Feb-17 16:22:42

"Your measurement and bra size aren't the same thing, so don't worry if they're different."

shock

Semaphorically Fri 17-Feb-17 16:29:34

Since M&S don't stock my size, I'm not entirely surprised that their bra calculator told me I need a different size 🙄

Tatlerer Fri 17-Feb-17 16:43:04

Yeah I think I had duff advice from M&S. I'm in a 32B. Getting measured at a Bravissimo tomorrow. I strongly suspect I'm a 30 band or even 28. Will report back!

unicornsIlovethem Fri 17-Feb-17 18:26:13

My normal bra size isn't stocked by m&s but neither is the one they tried to put me in!

seefeld Fri 17-Feb-17 19:01:08

It told me to go up a backsize and down a cup too. I despair!

AuroraBora Fri 17-Feb-17 19:18:51

Hmm. It got me right hmm but their advice still sucks.

Dragonglass Fri 17-Feb-17 21:36:51

It told me to go up a back size and down a cup too. I have no idea how they can say that considering they only ask for the underboob measurement and I said that the fit was good.

OllyBJolly Fri 17-Feb-17 21:50:25

M&S told me I was a 36A. It was loose because "you're so small" !

I was measured in an independent store at 28E! Much more comfortable and great shape!

WildwestWind Fri 17-Feb-17 23:01:02

Got measured in M&S yesterday and was told I was a 40d. Couldn't find anything that really felt comfortable and supportive. Went across to John Lewis and came out wearing a perfectly fitting 36g!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now