Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 outfit options for job interview

(14 Posts)
KlingybunFistelvase Thu 16-Feb-17 19:25:14

Option 1) m.asos.com/alter-tall/alter-tall-short-sleeve-pencil-dress-with-piping-detail/prd/7011689?iid=7011689&clr=Grey&SearchQuery=Work%20Dress&pgesize=43&pge=0&totalstyles=43&gridsize=2&gridrow=18&gridcolumn=1

I've just ordered this^^ dress (option 1) for an interview next week. It's for an admin role. I'm on a tight budget and don't have much by way of work wear in my wardrobe, as I'm a SAHP.

Other choices would be:

Option 2) the bottom half of a lovely LK Bennett suit (the top half is too tight and looks it) with a shirt.

Option 3) do I have to bite the bullet and by a (cheap) suit a size bigger than my beautiful LK Bennett one?

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 16-Feb-17 19:26:23

Oh that's so weird. Why have the brand names changed to links? Sorry, didn't mean to do that! Only link I meant to include was the link to the dressy

Littlebatcalledlucille Thu 16-Feb-17 19:31:12

I can't see the suit?

The Dress is lovely mind, and a bargain!

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 16-Feb-17 19:34:39

Sorry, there isn't meant to be a link to the suit! It's really old. I'd be surprised if it's still on their site. My phone just randomly put a link to the LKB website when I typed in LKB! Annoying.

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 16-Feb-17 19:35:26

And thanks, I thought the dress was a bargain too! Do you think it's smart enough for an interview without a jacket?

neveradullmoment99 Thu 16-Feb-17 19:38:12

I have noticed that if you type in an online retailer, it comes up with a link to the shop. Very annoying!!! A sales ploy.
Testing the links below:
Hush White stuff Phase eight

bluejelly Thu 16-Feb-17 19:38:58

I love the Asos dress. I do think it's smart enough unless you were going for a high-end law firm or something

neveradullmoment99 Thu 16-Feb-17 19:39:59

Its not your phone, its mumsnet. I like the dress you have linked to. Its very smart.

Littlebatcalledlucille Thu 16-Feb-17 19:42:07

Yes. With or without a jacket smile

Ohtobeskiing Thu 16-Feb-17 19:42:15

The dress is ideal for the job interview you describe. Do you have shoes to go with it?

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 16-Feb-17 19:44:59

Ah thanks never. Quite annoying really, as it makes it look like I've tried to link to something.

Thanks all. It's a big IT training company in a small town so don't think it will be super smart, but could be wrong! Hopefully not. It's arriving tomorrow so will try it on then. If not, I will probably have to order something else as have no time to shop in person.

ElinorRigby Thu 16-Feb-17 19:44:59

I don't think I'd wear a white dress - even a very smart one - to an interview unless it was a hot summer day. It looks rather impractical. Maybe sending out a subliminal message, that you'll stay aloof rather than muck in...

If you're on a tight budget, try posh charity shops or dress agencies.

I was rather assuming that smart tailored separates would be fine. A suit seems potentially a bit OTT/more for management roles. Unless it's a mega corporate sort of place.

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 16-Feb-17 19:46:47

ohtobeskiing, I was going to wear black, round toe, patent, mid heels. They aren't great if I'm honest, but they are very comfortable (I am out of practice wearing heels) and inoffensive.

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 16-Feb-17 19:48:17

It's actually grey, not white, but I see your point Elinor... will see how pale it is in person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now