Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Primer for eyelids- anything nice?

(30 Posts)
PollyPerky Thu 16-Feb-17 18:08:01

I find my eyeshadow wears off or changes colour a bit. (Use Bobbi Brown) but I also have to use foundation on my eyelids as they are quite pink/ red compared to my skin. The foundation is a bit 'dewy' so the eyeshadow does melt away after a few hours.

I did use a Clinique eye base /primer in a green pot (like an eye shadow) but it dried in the pot within weeks and was useless.

Any ideas?

luckycatclover Thu 16-Feb-17 18:10:09

Urban Decay primer potion is amazing, Benefit stay don't stray is meant to be good too but I haven't tried that. Recently I've been using NYX eye primer as it's cheaper, not as good as UD but does the job smile

Skyllo30 Thu 16-Feb-17 18:11:37

Urban Decay is the only one that works for me as my eyelids repel eyeshadow. I've tried TooFaced and Nars but they didn't work as well.

blackcherries Thu 16-Feb-17 18:12:30

Urban decay potion primer is a godsend for me too. Lasts flipping ages!

PollyPerky Thu 16-Feb-17 18:12:52

Do these primers work like foundation? Are they tinted because I need something to even out the redness as well as 'hold' the eyeshadow.

LaundryQueenHatesBunfights Thu 16-Feb-17 18:16:00

Watching with interest. I've always used UD one but looking for something a bit cheaper so hoping someone recommends one.

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread OP blush saves me starting a similar one grin

whereiscaroline Thu 16-Feb-17 18:24:58

Fourth vote for urban decay primer potion smile just don't get any mascara on your eyelid after applying the primer as it won't bloody come off!

bigredboat Thu 16-Feb-17 18:26:55

The urban decay one comes in different colours/finishes e.g. A matte one, a shimmery one etc. It's really good.

Cakescakescakes Thu 16-Feb-17 18:29:10

Laura Mercier Eye basics is an eye primer but is tinted so it corrects and smooths the lid colour. I use the fairest one and it really locks on my eyeshadow too. Highly recommended.

StrawberryShortcake32 Thu 16-Feb-17 18:30:00

Mac paint pot in painterly or soft ochre.
Not technically a primer but evens out eyelids really nicely and I've found it makes a great base for eyeshadow as well as enhancing the colour of any eyeshadow I put on.

user1484539497 Thu 16-Feb-17 18:31:28

Just use normal primer. I've got the urban. Decay eye primer and it's a bit pointless tbh. eyelash primer makes much more of a difference.

RusholmeRuffian Thu 16-Feb-17 18:31:55

Another Urban Decay fan here. They'll give you samples to try.

user1484539497 Thu 16-Feb-17 18:32:24

The urban decay one is a very light beige, like a pale foundation.

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 16-Feb-17 18:49:25

Nars. The UD one creased horribly on me.

mumonashoestring Thu 16-Feb-17 18:55:24

Another vote for the Lauren Mercier one here - I've worn it under loose powder, pressed powder and cream eyeshadows and it gives a beautiful finish with loads of staying power

Saurus72 Thu 16-Feb-17 18:57:25

Clinique Touch Base for Eyes - about £14, and lasts several months with daily use. I wear cream eyeshadows over the top and they invariably stay put to the end of a 12-14 hour day.

EatSpamAmandaLamb Thu 16-Feb-17 23:06:48

I also use Mac Paintpot in Painterly. It covers up any discolouration and holds my eyeshadow and eyeliner in place beautifully. There are lots of videos on YouTube about it.

slinkysaluki Thu 16-Feb-17 23:11:21

I find the ELF eyeshadow primer really good and cheap. Recently bought MUA one but it's not very good so will go back to the ELF.

LoupGarou Thu 16-Feb-17 23:42:30

I use the avon one and its brilliant, evens out the skin tone and my eye-shadow looks like I've just put it on at the end of the day, it not at all drying either.

FenellaMaxwellsPony Thu 16-Feb-17 23:45:39

The NARs one is amazing

EyeEyeEye123 Fri 17-Feb-17 10:26:49

This is brilliant but very annoying packaging. This is excellent too. The UD one is also good as others have said.

TheMasterNotMargarita Fri 17-Feb-17 10:30:03

Urban decay.
I don't usually wear foundation or primer, just a bit of concealer. Ud primer makes a huge difference to the longevity of my eye make up.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 17-Feb-17 11:17:23

Urban Decay for sure! They do three or four different options - the 'nude' version has more colour than the others so it will really even out the eye lid colour.

Ifonlyiweretaller Fri 17-Feb-17 11:57:26

Another vote for Mac's Painterly here. Recommended by a make up artist and one of my favourite products ever!

EggsEleven Fri 17-Feb-17 15:04:01

Nars is my favourite. Have had the Urban Decay and Laura Mercier ones and I much prefer Nars.

(Though tbh, I'm on maternity leave at the moment so am cutting back and I haven't replaced when it ran out and I don't really notice any difference grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now