Talk

Advanced search

I've got a wart on my nose

(19 Posts)
Exactly Thu 16-Feb-17 14:38:46

How can I remove it?
Please don't tell me tales of brown paper, cloves of garlic or banana skins or I shall cast a spell on youwink
Boots OTC please.

piefacerecords Thu 16-Feb-17 14:42:35

Photo or I don't believe you grin

BoreOfWhabylon Thu 16-Feb-17 14:49:08

Get it looked at by a doctor before you start fiddling with it. Noses are common sites for skin cancers, some of which can look 'warty'.

Usually easily treated though smile.

Exactly Thu 16-Feb-17 14:58:49

Sorry pie I've just tried to take a photo but you're out of luck.
how do these gorgeous selfies get taken?
It's definitely a wartblush

NotTheOtherEmily Thu 16-Feb-17 15:10:17

Get thee to a dermatologist.

ThatsNumberWanggg Thu 16-Feb-17 16:40:03

DD had flat warts on her nose chin and after many trips to various GPs who didn't give a shit, she saw a private dermatologist who prescribed Differin. They were gone in a month or so.

ThatsNumberWanggg Thu 16-Feb-17 16:40:20

*nose and chin!

LadyOfTheCanyon Thu 16-Feb-17 20:01:46

It's not sebaceous hyperplasia is it? You can g that on the nose and it can look a bit warty.

LadyOfTheCanyon Thu 16-Feb-17 20:11:16

*get

Exactly Thu 16-Feb-17 20:28:22

Lady, I've just had a google and it could well be. I think I've got two.

Exactly Thu 16-Feb-17 20:31:05

Looks like Salicylic Acid might work.

LadyOfTheCanyon Thu 16-Feb-17 22:06:56

Paula's choice Resist BHA 9 is apparently what you need, but they only seem to sell that in the states. You could try an aspirin mask on it?

Ellapaella Thu 16-Feb-17 22:58:30

Well the old trick used to be to tie some cotton round it and wait for it to drop off... but not sure if you want a wart and a flap of cotton on the end of your snout. Ask a pharmacist? I had a wart on my finger and one on my leg - in both scenarios took about a year to disappear spontaneously.

GinAndSonic Thu 16-Feb-17 23:00:10

I'd see a gp, I had a family member with a nose wart and when she finally saw the gp after 2 years it was actually skin cancer.

LuckyTwiglet Thu 16-Feb-17 23:01:27

Wartner pen. It is magic and the only remedy from the chemist that works. It probably says don't use it on your face but it's up to you....I found that worked where expensive freezing treatments from a doctor didn't.

www.amazon.co.uk/Wartner-Wart-Verruca-Removal-Pen/dp/B0051PPM4S?tag=mumsnetforum-21

PhoenixJasmine Thu 16-Feb-17 23:05:33

Another vote for dermatologist, they can laser/cauterise it off if it's benign, best chance of a good cosmetic result, its on your face! Dermatologist can also reassure that it isn't malignant.

AuroraBora Thu 16-Feb-17 23:24:06

I had one on my nose and had it frozen off twice by my GP and it still didn't get rid of it.

I know you don't want any of that home remedy bollocks, but genuinely apple cider vinegar got rid of it.

I soaked a tiny amount of cotton wool in the vinegar and taped it into the wart or sat with a cotton bud soaked in the vinegar pressed against it. I can't remember properly now, but I'm pretty sure I did it constantly for something crazy like two days straight (!!), and eventually it started to die and come off. It was rather painful and bled a bit, but I really didn't care, I just wanted it gone!

With hindsight I'm not sure if it was the vinegar that directly killed it off. Warts will disappear if your immune system fights them off, so maybe me messing with it and it bleeding meant my body finally finished it off!

Anyway, maybe worth a try? Apple cider vinegar is cheap in the scale of things so if it doesn't work then you haven't wasted much.

allthingslipsticks Sat 18-Feb-17 11:15:02

I had a wart on my thumb when I was a kid. Got the GP to freeze it off and it was gone. Painful but worth it.

Notagain2017 Sat 18-Feb-17 11:16:13

How do you know it's a wart? I know someone who just had a skin cancer removed from the side of her nose and it looked like nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now