Talk

Advanced search

Spring fashion haters over here

(19 Posts)
JayzuzMaryJoseph Wed 15-Feb-17 22:21:11

I can do winter. Thick black tights and boots with ANYTHING and I'm sorted.

With an enormous amount of grooming effort (shaving, waxing , fake tanning, scouring the high street for dresses of the right length and fit for my tall, hourglass frame) ...I can just about manage summer.

I can't for the life of me 'do' Spring, though. What do you all wear to work, for instance? Don't say Boden bistro trousers and cute blouse, please. I cannot find trousers to suit my tall land curvy size 12 shape and I have enormous knockers.

What does one wear that isn't black and wintery, yet doesn't bare legs? Help me. Help me, please.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 15-Feb-17 22:52:47

Yes, its always tricky. I never know what to wear on my feet as the weather becomes milder. Fine with tights and boots and then i struggle especially to work. At home i just shove on trainers with mostly everything!

AtleastitsnotMonday Wed 15-Feb-17 22:53:03

No answers but place marking, the problem is despite it being called spring in fashion term, in real life it's still bloody freezing so all the light and floaty fashions would be a fast track to hypothermia for me!

neveradullmoment99 Wed 15-Feb-17 23:14:47

Yes, was looking at a nice long maxi jersey dress and thought, no point in buying as I have no idea what i would wear on my feet! Boots would look too heavy with it, trainers but i cant do no tights!!! Far too complex. Much nicer just with sandals but not for now!!

Laquila Wed 15-Feb-17 23:15:58

Bookmarking for ideas!

NewBallsPlease00 Wed 15-Feb-17 23:33:57

I wear slim/skinny jeans with layers eg vest top and floral embroidered shirt, gingham tunic etc

RebelandaStunner Wed 15-Feb-17 23:58:54

Same as winter minus one layer.
Then hopefully around May I go down to one pair of socks.

EnidButton Thu 16-Feb-17 00:53:00

I just take my coat off.

CrowRoad Thu 16-Feb-17 07:43:08

I effing hate spring too. The shops are filled with disgustingly thin floral blouses that it's still too cold to wear and I can never seem to prise my feet out of my nice warm boots.
smile

Gingernaut Thu 16-Feb-17 07:54:47

Nautical. Every Spring, there's a nautical theme.

Flag red and white stripes, royal or navy blue and white stripes, navy everything.

I get seasick.

Laquila Thu 16-Feb-17 13:49:25

Shoes are the tricky bit for Spring, I agree. Ballet shoes are feeling somewhat dated now but what other nice casual flats can be worn without socks?

hunans Thu 16-Feb-17 14:37:21

Spring (and summer) hater here. I like layers, longline cardigans and boots.

I hate shorts in particular.

ZaZathecat Thu 16-Feb-17 14:55:03

Gingernaut I was about to say the same. Every year the fashion mags roll out the nautical look in Spring as if it had never been done before!

neveradullmoment99 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:39:38

Was actually thinking about the nautical comment as i was in Tescos and looking at all the stripey tops they have for sale! hmm

overmydeadbody Thu 16-Feb-17 17:05:39

I move from winter boots to Chelsea boots in spring, and from wool tights to nylon ones, and leggings still work too.

Not sure it would be classed as fashionable though!

MsUnderstanding Thu 16-Feb-17 17:13:08

I just take my coat off. [big grin]

I wear a cardi instead of a coat. In the summer, I don't wear a cardi and wear sandals instead of shoes/trainers. The rest stays much the same......

DancingHouse Thu 16-Feb-17 17:27:20

I think maxi tube skirts with biker boots looks ok. Leggings or thick tights underneath if it's still cold. Vest top or tee under a denim shirt and probably a scarf.

AFierceBadRabbit Thu 16-Feb-17 19:57:04

I don't really 'do' spring or autumn.
I wear the same stuff as I do in winter, but as spring kicks in i wear a lighter jacket, put the woolly hat away and wear lighter, non woolly scarves.

I still wear tights, skirts, jeans, boots, etc.

I find in the UK summer just suddenly 'arrives' and the mid seasons are a bit less obvious. So no big changes.

At the end of summer I wear a light coat, heavier knits, and tights again.

Perhaps change to thinner tights, thick knits instead of big coat, shoes like loafers, etc or ankle boots with socks or tights.

cathyandclare Thu 16-Feb-17 20:02:26

I just change my coat for a jacket and may branch into tan instead of black ankle boots on sunny days.
That's as far as it goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now