Talk

Advanced search

Best black skinnies right now

(44 Posts)
pleasestopsnoring Wed 15-Feb-17 19:51:22

Where can I order decent black skinnies from? They need to be high waisted and not go baggy around the knees between washes
Any recommendations? Ta

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 15-Feb-17 19:59:07

I always recommend the All Saints Stilt - true black, high waist, wash brilliantly and don't bag. They are more expensive than some but well worth it in terms of cost per wear for me.

AlfaMummy Wed 15-Feb-17 20:28:12

I've just bought some Molly style from River Island - I am completely in love! Worth considering. Also try Jamie from Topshop. I honestly cannot believe how good they are. I've only chosen plain black and dark indigo, not the ripped or embellished offerings, but they are already my favourite jeans ever!!

cheapskatemum Wed 15-Feb-17 20:29:02

I find M&S skinnies & super skinnies really comfortable and they wash well. They are high waisted too.

SuperBeagle Wed 15-Feb-17 20:32:02

Nobody jeans are my favourite.

I just bought a pair of black Siren skinnys from them the other day. They're the perfect length, the perfect stretchiness without feeling like jeggings, and they're high-waisted.

Tarrarra Wed 15-Feb-17 20:35:37

I like the New Look high waist super skinny jeans. I have 3 pairs!

ClinkyMonkey Wed 15-Feb-17 20:49:25

I bought some high waisted super skinnies from H&M. Had to buy a 16, when I'm normally a 12 or 14 - but they are fantastic. Really comfy with a decent amount of stretch and, best of all, they don't fall down - unlike some others I've tried which were fine for the first 30 minutes, then started to slip down, pulling my drawers with them!

guffaux Wed 15-Feb-17 23:36:12

drawers lol grin

phoolani Wed 15-Feb-17 23:40:21

Don't know about the all saints stilts but if they're anything like the AS Graces, they're fab. Graces are mid waist and never bag or sag. I virtually live in mine so cost per wear has been tiny.

PickAChew Wed 15-Feb-17 23:41:05

I've noticed that black seems to have disappeared from a lot of ranges. Typical, since the black pair I have is more like grey and bobbly.

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Thu 16-Feb-17 00:15:23

I have been really impressed with a pair I got from peacocks of all places. The style is called Rita, high waisted, super skinny, very flattering and only £20. I've been very pleasantly surprised.

LBOCS2 Thu 16-Feb-17 00:18:07

Also coming on to recommend a budget brand - I got a pair of black skinnies from Primark recently, £13 - bum lifting (apparently) but also relatively high waisted and keep their shapes.

Blackhouse Thu 16-Feb-17 00:19:45

I second Topshop Jamie jeans they are amazing!

Laiste Thu 16-Feb-17 07:28:53

M&S black high rise. Skinny or super skinny. Twenty quid.

The black is a smooth black though - jeans style seams and a little zip and button ect - but no 'denim texture' iykwim?

Eyre89 Thu 16-Feb-17 07:33:48

I've got some next 360 / 4 way stretch black skinnies and they're the best I've had. So comfortable.

Paddingtonthebear Thu 16-Feb-17 07:35:00

Recently bought some black Topshop Jamie jeans. They are IMO better than than J Brand jeans I've got which are about 5 times more expensive

pleasestopsnoring Thu 16-Feb-17 08:28:03

Going to try some Jamie's, all saints may be a bit spendy for me, but there's one near work so may have a look thanks

sunshineglitterprincess Thu 16-Feb-17 09:37:57

Day so W. Tn

hunans Thu 16-Feb-17 10:09:19

Topshop Joni. They are incredible.

Super soft and stretchy. Slightly thinner fabric than the Jamie; I found them way too heavy, especially when the weather gets a bit warmer. The Joni's are high waisted and suck in my 2 c section tummy which is no mean feat, I tell you. They're skinny right to the ankle and don't go baggy in the slightest. The black is holding the colour nicely, too. For what they are, they're great value for money.

I've spent YEARS searching for the perfect skinnies (I've just sold 16 pairs on eBay which weren't right confusedblush) and I've finally found the holy grail.

StrawberryShortcake32 Thu 16-Feb-17 11:00:43

Boohoo and Very

BaggyCheeks Thu 16-Feb-17 11:06:46

Mine are more like a heavily structured Jegging, but Next 360 super skinnies are amazing - no bagging at the knee AT ALL! and I spend my day chasing toddlers and crawling around on the floor. £46 so a bit pricey for high street, but so worth it.

Jemimapuddleduk Thu 16-Feb-17 11:40:18

I love the white stuff jeggings. The black ones are fab and washed well to date.

allthingslipsticks Sat 18-Feb-17 10:55:12

Topshop Jamie jeans for sure.

AmethystMoon Sat 18-Feb-17 11:01:30

Does anyone else find black jeans fade really fast? I bought a great pair from GAP in terms of fit but after two washes they have kind of streaked and faded. I can't wear them now as they look awful.

pigeondujour Sat 18-Feb-17 11:42:35

Topshop black jeans are awful for losing their colour. Once you have a black pair that starts to fade, you notice girls everywhere with really identifiably topshop faded black jeans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now