Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a cheaper foundation?

(12 Posts)
WeDontTalkAboutLove Wed 15-Feb-17 19:26:45

After cutting my hours at work I'm finding it a bit difficult to justify £30+ on my usual Dior Star foundation which works perfectly for my skin!

I have sensitive, pale, dry skin that occasionally breaks out around my chin especially. One of the reasons I really enjoy using Dior Star is that it covers old scars pretty well but never looks cakey. I really don't get on with EL double wear or anything quite that thick.

Has anyone tried any decent foundations around the £10 mark recently? smile

MuffyDoon Wed 15-Feb-17 19:36:15

I really like Bourjois Healthy Mix - I used to use Dior Nude but found that this was a good and cheaper alternative! Gives a nice glow to your skin.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Wed 15-Feb-17 20:16:50

Healthy mix serum, it's just as good as a foundation that costs quite a lot more.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Wed 15-Feb-17 20:19:07

The only thing about is that's not so good is that there are fewer shades, so you have to be lucky to find your fit.

SuperBeagle Wed 15-Feb-17 20:20:36

Healthy Mix doesn't work for me at all.

Revlon Colourstay is the best cheap foundation, IMO. When I wanted a lighter finish, I just mixed a bit with moisturiser and it lightens it up, but it's not a heavy foundation anyway.

UncomfortableBadger Wed 15-Feb-17 20:21:54

If you're super pale like me, then try L'Oreal Infallible or NYX Matte But Not Flat for something non-cakey but long lasting smile

alltouchedout Wed 15-Feb-17 20:25:04

Revlon Colorstay, they do a version for combination/ oily skin, and one for dry skin. I use the former, good coverage, really lasts and doesn't feel or look heavy.

Oldieandgoldie Wed 15-Feb-17 20:49:12

Try Superdrug Collection Coour Match...it's very good for my very dry very sensitive skin.
(and only £3.99!!)

HunterHearstHelmsley Wed 15-Feb-17 20:50:43

L'Oreal Infallible in Porcelain works well for my pale skin. Dry also with break outs on my chin.

Gillybobs Wed 15-Feb-17 20:56:28

Rimmel 25hr is gel based but great coverage and staying power, and I'm a fan of dior star too

WeDontTalkAboutLove Thu 16-Feb-17 10:54:29

Thank you everyone! I will go to boots and see if any mentioned here match my very pale skin smile

StrawberryShortcake32 Thu 16-Feb-17 10:59:01

Another vote for healthy mix serum. The Rev long colour stay is great coverage but I have to use a really light hand with it as I find it really thick and not really very natural looking, even the dry skin variant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now