Talk

Advanced search

Home hair dye

(6 Posts)
notsomumsymum Wed 15-Feb-17 16:39:15

I'm currently on maternity leave with last month's wage being my last one on full pay sad. My hair is in desperate need of a colour but I just can't justify the £90-ish it will cost to get it done.
I'm considering using a home hair dye but I've got absolutely no idea where to start as I've never done it myself before! Can anyone recommended a good dye for me?

At the moment my hair is a mousy brown with a few caramel highlights running through it. It's also quite long and curly....not sure whether that makes a difference!

Pic attached for my hair colour reference...not me!

Thanks!

Unicorn81 Fri 17-Feb-17 20:58:35

John freida mouse from boots is easy to apply and gives nice soft tones. I use it a lot and only get a cut at hairdressers now

Nokia3310 Fri 17-Feb-17 21:00:34

I've started using John Frieda precision foam. Had never dyed hair before and felt terrified at the thought. It is v easy to use and really like it.

bingandabong Fri 17-Feb-17 21:07:10

Yep John freida is amazing! I used it awhile ago when it's was on offer and now I wouldn't use anything else!

PlymouthMaid1 Fri 17-Feb-17 21:11:28

I use garnier nutriisse and do get a lot of compliments on my hair colour even from my students ts who are hairdressers. At 9 pounds for two boxes I save a fortune.

amarante Fri 17-Feb-17 21:24:07

Hi unicorn which colour do use? Blonde? Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now