Talk

Advanced search

Blackheads / large pores

(11 Posts)
Cannothtinkofaname Wed 15-Feb-17 14:44:00

I have just turned 60 and ever since I can remember I have had blackheads on my nose and chin.
When I was young I used to use Clearasil and steam treatments, and also squeeze them - gross I know!
Now I'm older I still have them and I still have to squeeze them or else they would look hideous.
Unfortunatley I can't seem to get rid of them as there is now a hole which is ok when the blackhead is removed, but then it just comes back again a few days later.
I am currently using Nip & Fab acid pads and liquid gold (I think, bought it on a plane!)
Has anyone managed to get rid of blackheads once and for all please. I need to do something as they are getting worse.
Thanks

KoalaDownUnder Wed 15-Feb-17 14:47:34

Nope. Same problem. Mostly nose.

I've tried: Clarisonic, retinol, nip & fab pads, etc.

Watching hopefully.

OliviaStabler Wed 15-Feb-17 14:49:53

I have the same issue. A good Mudd mask makes my nose look fine but a few days later they are back sad

mortificado Wed 15-Feb-17 14:53:00

Jorgobe peel of Face mask is great! It really sticks to your skin (hurts like a bitch to pull off!) but does pull most blackheads out and leaves some just on the surface so easy to squeeze or wipe away. Pores do look a lot smaller after!

TheBadgersMadeMeDoIt Wed 15-Feb-17 15:05:02

I've had some success with a hot flannel on my face for a few minutes, then quickly apply a peel-off mask. Definitely improves things in the short term but they still come back.

Don't know what the answer is. A face transplant, probably.

macymacy Wed 15-Feb-17 19:08:12

Are you sure they're blackheads and not sebaceous filaments? If they don't have a definite black head but look like full pores then they may be these. Not much you can do if they are, you can squeeze, worms come out and refill really quickly.

barefoofdoctor Wed 15-Feb-17 19:09:26

Don't bother wasting any more time or money on products. You need a Bliss Porefector. Quite pricey but THE ONLY THING which works and will save you £ over time. The gunk that comes out of your pores is utterly vile but it's truly the only way to get rid of blackheads and still requires regular use. I team this with a Shills face mask and acid toners/liquid gold and anti aging lotions and my skin has never been this good.

Kennington Wed 15-Feb-17 22:15:05

Vichy normaderm green toner
Clay mask
Bar soap cleanse with flannel
Not in that order but they have completely gone

Cannothtinkofaname Thu 16-Feb-17 12:53:06

Thanks for all your replies and nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Barefootdoctor - I looked up Bliss Porefector but it's too expensive for me to take a chance on, £120 - £145. On the reviews some people thought another one was better but I've since found Boots own make for £25 which got very good reviews, so I may give that a try, as not so much money wasted if no good.

I have actually bought a mini Lunar which I suppose is similar but nothing much happened yet.

I don't know if I'm using too may things now though as I am using Nip & Fab cleanser, exfoliator, acid pads, Lunar (not all at the same time!) so I could be making things worse.

It's so frustrating though because after a few days you could squeeze practically any pore in my nose and chin and there would be blackheads, yuck!

thethoughtfox Thu 16-Feb-17 15:24:21

What is the Boots own Porefector thing called?

Wellhellothere1 Thu 16-Feb-17 23:32:05

I have had this problem all my adult life and have tried almost everything on the market. I noticed a bit of an improvement with nip and fab salicylic acid pads and also with tretinoin/Retin A cream (prescription only). However by far the biggest improvement is with this
www.amazon.co.uk/Cosrx-Blackhead-Power-Liquid-100ml/dp/B00OZEJ8R8?tag=mumsnetforum-21
I've been using it every night or so for the last two or three weeks and I can't believe the difference in my nose. Bloody amazing stuff! The pores are almost invisible now. Amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now