Talk

Advanced search

Received a catalogue from Poetry...

(11 Posts)
QueenoftheAndals Wed 15-Feb-17 12:18:31

Anyone ever bought from them? They look a bit Hush/Toast-ish. Ever since I started buying from Hush and Boden I get no end of these catalogues in the post!

lyricaldancer Wed 15-Feb-17 12:24:31

I thought Poetry was for the older demographic. My elderly grandmother has, on occasion, bought things (long cardigans) from their brochures. They're all sludge colours is all I can recall from flicking through. I don't know much more than that.

QueenoftheAndals Wed 15-Feb-17 12:27:52

Hah no, not quite elderly but the colours are a bit sludgy for me and it's all very loose and draped. Think thirtysomething Judi Dench but probably only looks good on the very tall and slender!

Scabetty Wed 15-Feb-17 12:56:03

I have bought cullottes and received endless compliments. Good quality stuff imho. I am over 40 though.

BradleyPooper Wed 15-Feb-17 13:01:18

Their hemp tshirts are fantastic, bought one 4 years ago and still looks new. They're doing them in a curved hem now thought and I'm less keen. I also have their linen shorts and some silk wide leg trousers. All excellent quality, beautifully cut and last for ages.

Floisme Wed 15-Feb-17 13:53:40

They're always sending me catalogues and I'm 60 so make of that what you will. It's mostly too floaty for my taste and they seem to be under the impression that all you want when you get to my age is a pair of linen trousers.
When I do see something I like it's usually in some muddy hide-yourself-in-a-corner colour.
But in their favour, they use mostly natural fabrics and, for that reason, I always take a look, although I've never bought.

Diamonddealeroncemore Wed 15-Feb-17 14:11:06

I'm 56 and I love their clothes. Says it all really! I tend to wear jeans and tee shirts or floaty tops I always think - perhaps misguidedly- that the looseness on top makes my lower half look less chunky.

Diamonddealeroncemore Wed 15-Feb-17 14:12:15

Oh and I like muted colours which is definitely their palette.

PollyPerky Wed 15-Feb-17 14:55:34

I read some negative things about them on here such as taking ages to credit returns etc. I used to be sent their catalogues. They are small, niche and overpriced imo.

SunnySomer Wed 15-Feb-17 15:00:29

I got a catalogue last week and thought the clothes were really unflattering- sludgey colours, lumpy shapes, weird leather trousers. Makes me think of older women on holiday in a warm place. (By older I mean 75ish).

Floisme Wed 15-Feb-17 15:00:38

Sorry that was unnecessarily rude about their colours. I just don't really suit muted and that's all they seem to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now