Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Scent for men

(11 Posts)
splendide Wed 15-Feb-17 10:33:50

I'm thinking I might get DH a cologne for his birthday. He's 38 and has never really worn one but said recently he quite fancied giving it a go.

I'm a bit lost - I think he'd prefer a lighter scent rather than something really heavy. Anyone have something they love on their DP?

GingerLDN Thu 16-Feb-17 01:50:54

Paco Rabanne 1 Million or Terre D'Hermes

ChocolateSherberts2017 Thu 16-Feb-17 03:43:41

Cedrat by L'Occitane, it's a light citrus scent which smells gorgeous.

Dulcimena Thu 16-Feb-17 08:30:05

Something citrusy and/or herbal perhaps? Acqua di Palma is a classic, not too spendy and pretty unisex, so if he doesn't like it, you can borrow grin

The original Colonia is lightest and probably easiest to wear but most fleeting; Assoluta is woodier and lasts better ime (this is my favourite - separately, my best male friend and I bonded over it); Intensa and Essenza are a bit more "masculine"...

Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel is a nice, soft herbal too, but I haven't repurchased as often as I have AdP.

My DH wears something quite a bit heavier - amber, incense, etc.

Crumbs1 Thu 16-Feb-17 08:30:59

Jo Malone for men.

mowglik Thu 16-Feb-17 08:42:28

Aventus by Creed - my DH has loads but it's the only one he gets comments on. It's also the only one I've ever asked a complete stranger what he was wearing as it was so gorgeous (and then got it for my DH!)

My brother has similar success with it grin

mowglik Thu 16-Feb-17 08:48:22

Read the reviews seems to have that affect a lot! It is very pricey though. My other favourite is Chanel bleu which is quite a light, fresh scent

splendide Thu 16-Feb-17 09:01:55

Thank you! This is very helpful - I'm going to go and sniff some at lunchtime so I'll take a little list.

Aventus is a bit more than I was planning to spend but I'll try it. Like the idea of Aqua di Palma as it would be good to have something i can wear if he doesn't!

splendide Thu 16-Feb-17 12:42:00

I got Assoluta!

bingohandjob Thu 16-Feb-17 17:30:58

This is gorgeous (unisex but I love it most on my husband as I think more masculine) www.stkittsherbery.co.uk/shop-by-scent/rosemary-and-bergamot/bergamot-perfume.html and so is this comme-des-garcons-parfum.com/perfumes/wonderwood/ and for Sauvage is lovely

Madamfrog Thu 16-Feb-17 19:04:01

Habit rouge, Guerlain. Eau d'Orange Verte, Hermès.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now