Talk

Advanced search

Nickel-free eyelash curlers

(4 Posts)
catlitterinmyturnups Wed 15-Feb-17 09:17:33

Initially I thought I was allergic to my eye makeup remover, so ditched all my v expensive blooming Take The Day Off. Eyes were still puffy and itchy.

Then I thought I had blepharitis, but remedies for that are not working. I have replaced mascaras too (this is basically the only makeup I wear). Eyes STILL puffing up and incredibly itchy above and below eyelids.

My latest conclusion is it must be my eyelash curlers. I am really allergic to nickel, and the ones I've been using (for years) are Tweezerman. Can't find info about whether they're nickel-free or not but they're certainly not stainless steel as they're magnetic.

Can anyone please recommend some nickel-free eyelash curlers I can buy? Preferably not plastic as they're supposed to be less efficient - but happy to give good plastic ones a go if it stops the iiiiiiitching... argh!

catlitterinmyturnups Wed 15-Feb-17 15:54:00

Anyone?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 15-Feb-17 16:37:13

I think you need to see your GP or optometrist, allergies get worse with repeated exposure.

catlitterinmyturnups Thu 02-Mar-17 11:25:15

For future reference for anyone with the same problem, I switched my metal eyelash curlers to the Tweezerman super curl ones and lo and behold, problem solved! Didn't realise literally a few seconds' contact with nickel could cause such a reaction for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now