Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Nickel-free eyelash curlers

(5 Posts)
catlitterinmyturnups Wed 15-Feb-17 09:17:33

Initially I thought I was allergic to my eye makeup remover, so ditched all my v expensive blooming Take The Day Off. Eyes were still puffy and itchy.

Then I thought I had blepharitis, but remedies for that are not working. I have replaced mascaras too (this is basically the only makeup I wear). Eyes STILL puffing up and incredibly itchy above and below eyelids.

My latest conclusion is it must be my eyelash curlers. I am really allergic to nickel, and the ones I've been using (for years) are Tweezerman. Can't find info about whether they're nickel-free or not but they're certainly not stainless steel as they're magnetic.

Can anyone please recommend some nickel-free eyelash curlers I can buy? Preferably not plastic as they're supposed to be less efficient - but happy to give good plastic ones a go if it stops the iiiiiiitching... argh!

catlitterinmyturnups Wed 15-Feb-17 15:54:00

Anyone?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 15-Feb-17 16:37:13

I think you need to see your GP or optometrist, allergies get worse with repeated exposure.

catlitterinmyturnups Thu 02-Mar-17 11:25:15

For future reference for anyone with the same problem, I switched my metal eyelash curlers to the Tweezerman super curl ones and lo and behold, problem solved! Didn't realise literally a few seconds' contact with nickel could cause such a reaction for me.

Petmuffin1 Tue 13-Mar-18 16:17:29

I have had the same issue for years, one of my eyelids has contact dermatitis, I kept switching curlers and even used tweezerman but didn’t love it. but the problem goes away and comes back but I get flare ups in the winter and got a bad flare up when I was pregnant. My skin is sensitive to some metals so I think a nickel free curler would be good for me. Is tweezerman Nickle free then???

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: