Talk

Advanced search

Button-front tops

(5 Posts)
ArgyMargy Wed 15-Feb-17 08:05:03

I've just had a mastectomy and I have no button-front tops! I don't wear shirts because I can't stand collars and cuffs. My blouses are over-the-head and generally sleeveless and collarless.

Any suggestions for comfortable but reasonably stylish tops that do up at the front - zip or buttons? Or online shops where I can easily search for this kind of thing? I'm a size 8 and in my 50s.

Thanks in advance!

Clankboing Wed 15-Feb-17 09:27:57

Hi. I have been thinking this lately for various reasons. You can get grandad collar type shirts with 3/4 length arms that might be ok? Also in Regatta there are lots of fleece type tops like this but they're not always ideal. Sometimes ebay are good - I googled it and there are partially zipped tops that I would say are more casual about the house type tops. But comfy stretchy everyday stuff IS tricky to find. I have been wearing my husbands thin zip down front cycling base layer crazily!! I hope you find something xx

Clankboing Wed 15-Feb-17 09:37:08

Sorry - I forgot to say Amazon of course may be good as they stock everything!! I sort of think floaty but non-iron floral blouses might be good, if they exist!

ArgyMargy Wed 15-Feb-17 11:01:37

Yes good point Clank - cycling tops! I think I have one somewhere... I'm glad it's not just me that thinks suitable tops are hard to find.. smile

Clankboing Wed 15-Feb-17 12:23:10

A couple of times I've bought loose floral tops from monsoon too. The only reason I haven't worn them is that they are admittedly a permanent fixture in my ironing to do cupboard. But they are pretty, floral, grandad style and I wouldn't be surprised if they still do that sort of thing. Hope you find things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now