Talk

Advanced search

Organic skin care for preteens

(12 Posts)
OhWellNeverMindEh Tue 14-Feb-17 21:22:57

Can anybody recommend a cleanser and moisturiser for a 12 yr old, no real signs of spots or congestion, just want her to get used to the whole process of cleaning and moisturising (she does too).

I only use organic products (or those with the minimum of harsh chemicals).

Can anybody recommend a brand or product or just tell me what it is I need to look out for in a product?

Thx.

Sciurus83 Tue 14-Feb-17 22:22:17

Not organic but no parabens etc Amie do a nice range which would be good for this age. Very gentle, nice fresh fruity scent. In fact I used to use it when I was a teen and saw it in waitrose not long ago and repurchased, still like it just as much. www.amieskincare.com

OhWellNeverMindEh Wed 15-Feb-17 08:23:56

They don't stock it in Waitrose anymore by the looks of it - I've just looked on line and I have to say I've never seen it in there and I've shopped there for years, in a few different large branches!

I like the look of it, is there a product you'd recommend?

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 15-Feb-17 08:25:02

Check our the "young and pure" range at my pure. Co.uk

Sciurus83 Wed 15-Feb-17 09:35:03

They definitely still have it in Lincoln waitrose as I bought some a couple of weeks ago. The morning clear face wash is lovely, cream texture, very gentle. I tried the yellow moisturiser a very long time ago and it was very nice, the others are probably good too but I would go for those two as a start. I see they do a trial set for £1, might be good to try first, though depends what postage is of course!

violetgrey Wed 15-Feb-17 11:58:39

Weleda almond range is great for young skin. Not as cheap as Amie, maybe you could share.:-) She could start with the cleansing lotion and the moisturiser. I am sure that there are websites that offer discount codes on Weleda products.
www.weleda.co.uk/almond/almond-soothing-cleansing-lotion-75ml/invt/102201
www.weleda.co.uk/almond/almond-soothing-facial-lotion-30ml/invt/102202
This cleanser by Green People looks good. I don't have experience of the particular product but used their other products and really like them.
www.greenpeople.co.uk/shop/by-product/natural-skin-care/oy-cleanse-moisturise-50ml
Yes to Carrots is also a really nice range and Look Fantastic always seems to offer discounts on orders
This cleanser
www.lookfantastic.com/yes-to-cucumbers-daily-gel-cleanser/11353846.html
This moisturiser
www.lookfantastic.com/yes-to-carrots-daily-facial-moisturiser-with-spf15/11353853.html

violetgrey Wed 15-Feb-17 12:00:38

If you have a health shop locally, you could try to see if they stock Weleda or the other ranges I linked to so you can test to see if you like it. Some Waitrose branches stock or used to stock Weleda and Yes to Carrots ranges.

OhWellNeverMindEh Wed 15-Feb-17 16:42:14

She has the OY cleanser/moisturiser which is nice but she needs separate products.

I avoided the 'yes to' products as they still have phenoxyethanol in them, I think? Not sure how bad this is but I saw it on a list of ingredients to avoid in H&B products.

I know i need to spend a bit more but I think it's worth it and they last longer.

Will check out Weleda.

Thanks.

Pengweng Wed 15-Feb-17 17:03:36

I like the Sukin brand. You can get it from boots. I don't think it is organic but it is vegan and sulphate and paraban free. Also carbon neutral so miles better than most out there.

I love their charcoal range but there are a few different lines.

sukinorganics.com/pages/about-us

OhWellNeverMindEh Wed 15-Feb-17 18:37:19

I've used Sukin, it's very nice but I'm wondering if such young (and perfect) skin needs something particular?

Leviticus Wed 15-Feb-17 19:35:38

I was also going to suggest Sukin.

Sciurus83 Wed 15-Feb-17 22:24:42

Second yes to weleda! they make very nice products, definitely pricier than amie, their camomile range is very gentle and would be suitable x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now