Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Off to Selfridges and Liberty tomorrow, what should I check out?

(5 Posts)
HeyJudy Tue 14-Feb-17 15:38:33

I’ve got a rare day to myself tomorrow – will be at Selfridge’s for a bra fitting so plan on browsing around the make up counters while I’m there. Ideally I’d like to make it down to Liberty too.

I’ve love some recommendations of products, otherwise I’ll wander around aimlessly and will probably walk away empty handed. Anything in particular I should take a look at? I’m pretty much sorted for foundation, concealer and powder (use NARS for all that) but love looking at new eye products, lipstick (just started wearing it), highlighters etc.

I’m really keen to check out Charlotte Tilbury although there have been a few threads recently about it so I’ll check those out for recommendations.

What about Hourglass – I saw it at Liberty and everything looks lovely! I’ve heard great things about the primer but I don’t think I could justify spending £55 on one.

Any other interesting brands at either store or somewhere nearby? I saw Lush closed the branch in Covent Garden I used to go to and opened one near Selfridges – haven’t been to Lush in ages so keen to have a browse.

Thanks smile

Haffiana Tue 14-Feb-17 19:00:52

Suqqu eyebrow brush pen at Selfridges.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 14-Feb-17 19:04:42

The Hourglass finishing powders are really lovely. I'd also spend some time sniffing fancy perfumes if it was me.

HeyJudy Tue 14-Feb-17 21:44:41

Ooh thanks those both sound great. I'm not familiar with suqqu, will keep an eye out for it.

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 15-Feb-17 17:53:04

Yes to suqqu - their original foundation is one of the best ever. The Pharmacy right at the back of Selfridges often has some interesting bits and bobs. Tom Ford make up.
The Aesop concession is nice - there's one in both Selfridhes and Liberty. Their Resurrection handwash and hand cream are amazing.
The Hourglass palette that has a cream bronzer blush and highlighter in it ( can't remember the name; it might be Sunset) is incredible. It's £55 but it's the best I've ever used. Yy to their finishing powders too.
Liberty is the only other place apart from Harvey Nicks that stocks Espa bubble bath, so I always stick up on that.
Pixi is just round the corner from Liberty, there's a great Irregular Choice store on Carnaby street, a huge MAC store, Cowshed flagship store, And Other Stories, a Kiko.... I could go on. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now