Talk

Advanced search

Do you keep your shoes in boxes or...

(15 Posts)
Karcheer Tue 14-Feb-17 12:12:36

On shelves?

I've always kept them in boxes, but I've been lucky enough to get a dressing room and I'm now thinking I'll put them on pull out shelves.
Not sure what to do with the boxes (some of them lovely) or if the shoes will get dusty :/

29redshoes Tue 14-Feb-17 12:20:38

I keep mine in boxes but only due to lack of space! Would love to have shelves!

I have bought clear boxes though so I can see the shoes and pick which ones I want quickly.

rightknockered Tue 14-Feb-17 13:59:15

I keep mine at the bottom of my wardrobes (I have three blush), only in boxes when they still feel 'new'

CantChoose Tue 14-Feb-17 18:25:00

I have some in boxes and some loose on a shoe rack. Unless they get used regularly the shoe rack ones definitely look dusty. Might be OK on pull out shelves though.

Madbengalmum Tue 14-Feb-17 18:28:01

High end shoes in their original boxes, everything else without boxes.

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Tue 14-Feb-17 20:13:07

I'd be worried about them getting dusty. I'd put ones in regular use out, but keep the others maybe in clear plastic boxes?

ChishandFips33 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:23:34

Mostly on shelves so that I remember to wear them -- I probably have too many--

Ones in boxes are the duplicates I bought that really need to be sold on

ChishandFips33 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:24:36

What other plans do you have for your dressing room?

Closetlibrarian Tue 14-Feb-17 20:57:25

I got some of those opaque plastic 'pp' pull-out boxes/drawers from Muji for shoes. They come in different heights, so I have different ones for different types of shoes (i.e one for sandals, one for heels, one for trainers, etc). They stack on top of each other two, so I have them at the bottom of my wardrobe. Stops the shoes getting dusty!
here: www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=9&Sub=38

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Tue 14-Feb-17 20:59:49

My day to day shoes are kept in a big box under the bed and my nice ones in their boxes. My mum collects Irregular Choice shoes and has them in a lit display cabinet.

Hopefully Tue 14-Feb-17 21:02:23

Boxes in 'shoe cupboard' for most, a shelf in the m 'shoe cupboard' (it's just the awkwardly shaped eaves cupboard in our bedroom) for the most regularly worn 3-4 pairs. 1-2 pairs live by the front door for days I'm in a rush and don't want to think (Chelsea boots and a pair of converse high tops, usually).

Karcheer Tue 14-Feb-17 22:20:09

I had it fitted out with ikeapax carcasses by our builder who made them look like fitted wardrobes, so all I'm doing now is adding rails, drawers, shelves etc.

ChishandFips33 Tue 14-Feb-17 23:50:35

Jealous! Love the pax internal options

I've had to settle for billy book cases due to sloping ceiling issues - fortunately I have size 5 feet so the depth of the shelves are just right and if I face one show forward/one back I can get 5 pairs of ankle boots to a shelf and lots of sandals tipped on their sides!

I have a tension curtain rod across another to drape scarves over

Enjoy!

Karcheer Wed 15-Feb-17 20:33:36

I've moved everything in there now, looks great.
Still need to find somewhere to store belts and scarfs.

BearFoxBear Wed 15-Feb-17 22:46:38

Yes to boxes, they get so dusty otherwise. I have a coat cupboard that's piled up with boxes at the bottom and on the top shelves (high ceilings here fortunately!) - I bought boxes in bulk to ensure that they all fitted together neatly. Each one has a note on the end of what it contains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now