Talk

Advanced search

Boots Glycerin and rosewater

(7 Posts)
ssd Tue 14-Feb-17 11:18:43

I bought this after reading a recommendation here

do I use it every day, like a toner? I usually tone with Clearasil then moisturise with whatever I have, but after using the boots glycerin and rosewater do I still need to moisturise?

my skin is usually dry and I'm 50

I noticed after using this for a few days it feels like I've got a sort of film on my skin, am I just imaging it?

MrsMeeseeks Tue 14-Feb-17 11:34:12

The glycerine does seem to leave a sticky film on the skin, which is why my bottle remains unused! I prefer plain rosewater.

Pestilentialone Tue 14-Feb-17 11:39:27

I use it as a morning cleanser, wipe over face jump in shower.

ssd Tue 14-Feb-17 11:58:02

thanks, I may just use it as a cleanser, I read it was a great moisturiser too but as mrsmeeseeks says, it leaves a film on my face too

still, at under £3 it was worth a try

ChishandFips33 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:38:39

I tend to rave about this

I use it as and when I feel my skin needs a boost rather than as part of my daily routine (and don't moisturise on top)

Saying that I'm using it most nights as the heating is kicking in and I've been waking up with dry tight skin - this stops it

Skin doesn't feel sticky as such but I know what you mean - I tend to use it more on a night or if I know I'm going to be in the air con office all day

FishlessCake Tue 14-Feb-17 21:20:43

I love this, I have terribly dry skin but don't need to moisturise after using. It's also really good as a cleanser, I've started using pixi glow so I'm unsure now where to fit this in confused

ChishandFips33 Tue 14-Feb-17 23:53:16

I'm always amazed at its cleansing abilities!

I've just washed with the LRP Foaming gel cleanser and then wiped over with the G&R and the cotton wool pad still shows some traces of makeup!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now