Talk

Advanced search

Converse trainers

(12 Posts)
SmartyPants0 Tue 14-Feb-17 07:48:58

I've just brought my first pair of Converse and although I love the look of them off.. when on they look like clowns shoes! I've loosened off the laces but my feet still look really long and narrow... does anyone else have this problem? My feet are size 6.

WaitrosePigeon Tue 14-Feb-17 08:10:28

It is like that at first! I think it's the white bit at the front. You do get used to it but I know what you mean. I also wear a six 6. It's fine, don't worry.

Afreshstartplease Tue 14-Feb-17 08:11:05

I felt like this too and my feet are tiny

You will get used to it

beanfilledfish Tue 14-Feb-17 08:11:17

where them in the mud for a bit grin they look a bit nicer worn in imo

DameXanaduBramble Tue 14-Feb-17 08:12:32

I'm a 6 and have the same problem, they do wear in a bit a mood to your feet. I have the rose gold tan omes and because they're leather they looked even worse, but after a few wears they soon settled.

DameXanaduBramble Tue 14-Feb-17 08:13:03

Omg, typos! Sorry. You can work it out I'm sure.

tooclosetocall Tue 14-Feb-17 08:17:39

The more worn the better they feel, and the better they look.

uncoolnn Tue 14-Feb-17 08:22:06

As PP's said, converse always look strange when they're new. They just need wearing in smile

SmartyPants0 Tue 14-Feb-17 08:24:44

Thank you all... glad it's not just me. I will wear them round the house today. I suppose it doesn't help looking down at them makes them look worse..

ninjapants Tue 14-Feb-17 08:26:55

This is why I have never bought them! They seem to look great on others but not on my size 7 feet sad

shitwithsugaron Tue 14-Feb-17 08:38:04

I always feel like a tit in my converse when they're new so I make a huge effort to run into mud and stuff to make them look a bit more worn in. DH goes barmy. Luckily mine can last me around 5/6 years as they're like slippers once I've worn them in. I wear a size 7.

michelle303 Tue 14-Feb-17 11:54:28

Every single person I know who owns converse says this! Don't worry, your feet look perfectly normal sized smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now