Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lumea users - questions from a beginner

(4 Posts)
sycamore54321 Mon 13-Feb-17 23:51:50

Inspired by threads on here, I've bought a Lumea. Pale skin, dark hair - I fit the profile.

I started today on my legs. I did the patch test yesterday at setting 3 but for the full legs, decided to flow the instructions and start at level 1 only. No ill effects to report and absolutely no pain whatsoever.

Some issues were:

- trying to do the last few inches above my ankles, no matter how I contorted, it didn't make enough contact to allow it to flash
- trying to avoid any overlaps or gaps when moving along the leg. I erred on the side of caution here but any tips for the future?
- did everyone follow the instructions precisely and start with a full treatment of level 1, then only moving up one level if no ill effects? Or do people just jump right in higher?
- freckles and miles. I have about eight on each leg. I used bandage tape to cover each of them and then for good measure, I also didn't zap over those areas. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Talisin Tue 14-Feb-17 00:41:50

You can use a white eyeliner pencil (don't use a dark colour, whatever you do) to gridline your legs if you really want to get precise about it (you can also cover freckles with it). I tried it once and gave it up as way too much hassle. Areas you miss one time you'll hit the next or the time after. With ankles I tend to turn it so the flash window is lying lengthwise up my leg rather than sideways and then rock it until the contact loght comes on. I started on l evel 5 and stayed there - no discomfort at all.

sycamore54321 Tue 14-Feb-17 01:03:14

Great idea about the ankles - I can't believe I didn't think of such a simple solution.

Eyeliner does sound like a hassle but I will give it a go for the sectioning and see. Would you still use the machine over freckles once you had then coloured in white, or is it more just in case you buzz that area by accident?

Thank you!

Talisin Tue 14-Feb-17 01:41:21

You should be able to use it over the freckles once they are coloured white - the laser will no longer 'see' them as a darker area to be targeted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now