Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Products to help my straw hair? With pic

(8 Posts)
samsmumma Mon 13-Feb-17 22:41:49

Hello.

I've been dying my hair blonde for about 6 years now but recently started to create an ombré look to give my roots a rest.

The blonde bits of my hair are like straw and they tend to clump in bits together, even after I brush it (see pic).

I wear my parting in the middle and my greasy roots and sad scraggly long blonde bits means I can never just wear my hair down unless it's right after a blow dry because my hair just sticks to my face and hangs lifelessly off my head. I can't afford a blow dry every week and rarely have time to do rollers.

Are there any products to give my hair some boost and shine for an everyday look?

I've used Batiste dry shampoo but it just makes my hair stale and prone to breakage.

I have a kerastase hair mask that I try to use once a week but ends up being once a month

BifsWif Mon 13-Feb-17 23:41:37

It could be that your hair needs a protein treatment rather than moisture, I spent months putting conditioner and hair masks on my bleached hair and they did nothing.

I tried the Aphogee two step treatment (Amazon) after a recommendation and it completely fixed my hair.

burnishedsilver Mon 13-Feb-17 23:44:04

Philip Kingsley Elasticiser.

samsmumma Tue 14-Feb-17 08:17:12

Thank you! Will try those out.

Anything other than Batiste to use on my roots for a boost?

missjoanie Tue 14-Feb-17 09:18:59

Step away from the Batiste! Like PPs have said, you could do with putting some protein back in. I'd consider an Olaplex treatment at the salon and then buy Olaplex no. 3 from Amazon to treat it at home. Kerastase Bain de Force shampoo, Ciment Anti-Usure conditioner and Ciment Thermique heat protector will all help strengthen your hair every time you wash. All of the above helped get mine back into good condition. Expensive but worth it.I feel your pain!

Laiste Tue 14-Feb-17 09:23:51

I've been using a hair mask every time i wash my bleached blond hair for the last 2 weeks and it's really improving.

If i had the cash i'd be using Philip Kinsley elasticiser as pp suggests. It's great. As it is i'm using the £5 Tony and Guy hair mask.

What ever you buy THEY DON'T DO ANY GOOD LEFT SITTING ON THE BATHROOM SHELF gringrin

namechange20050 Tue 14-Feb-17 09:31:35

My hair was in a similar state to yours OP. My hairdresser recommended me Biolage Keratindose shampoo and conditioner. It's expensive but a massive bottle lasts ages. It's transformed my hair into soft touchable healthy hair. Brilliant stuff.

MrsMeeseeks Tue 14-Feb-17 09:44:31

Another vote for Aphogee protein treatment. It's just the thing for over processed hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now