Talk

Advanced search

How smart do I have to dress tomorrow?

(11 Posts)
NapQueen Mon 13-Feb-17 21:30:21

Dropping in to my new employer for a (my suggestion) meet and greet with the new team, walk round, get passwords and log ins etc sorted.

I have a very long notice period at my current employer so wanted to maintain some contact in that period.

Im only going to be there an hour or so. Do I need to dress like I would for a job interview/for the actual job?

They know its my day off, so Id imagine they arent expecting me to turn up in suit/office dress etc.

INeedNewShoes Mon 13-Feb-17 21:34:23

It'll be the first impression you make on some of these people. I wouldn't go interview smart but would wear your next smartest work outfit.

It being your day off makes no odds; you still need to present yourself in your capacity as a professional.

choppolata Mon 13-Feb-17 21:34:30

Definitely wear work clothes. First impressions count!

WhyHasAllTheRumGone Mon 13-Feb-17 21:34:34

Dress as if you were actually going to work. You only get one chance to make a first impression.

WhyHasAllTheRumGone Mon 13-Feb-17 21:35:15

X post with everyone else smile

NapQueen Mon 13-Feb-17 21:35:53

Super! I have a smart blouse and skirt and jacket prepared but then had this "oh...ermmm is this overdressed for a quick pop in?"

Cannot be over dressed I supoose!

CoffeeDiamonds Tue 14-Feb-17 20:48:11

How did it go?

roarityroar Tue 14-Feb-17 20:50:39

I wouldn't go interview smart because it's the first impressions of your team not your employer this time.

I would wear something smart but focus on stylish not smart.

NapQueen Tue 14-Feb-17 20:50:52

Thank you for asking!

It went well, I dressed in office wear. Met my supervisor, itll be just me and her working together, then was introduced to the other departments.

Im a bit daunted as its a whole new sector, but im looking forward to it.

Hopefully Tue 14-Feb-17 20:52:55

Sounds like a good call! I would expect you to be in normal office wear in that sort of situation.

NapQueen Tue 14-Feb-17 21:03:32

Its the first job I will have had (at 32!) that doesnt have a uniform. I went to a primary and secondary school with a uniform.

So for the first time since I turned 4 I will be in whatever I fancy wearing (within reason of course) every day. The pressure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now